New Server

Started by guest2, January 07, 2012, 10:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffo

Quote from: griffo49 on January 11, 2012, 08:42:22 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on January 11, 2012, 08:12:41 PM
On a separate subject from caching, everytime I log in at the top left hand side it tells me my password is incorrect.
Type exactly the same thing in again in the message box and instant log in ???
Anyone else experiencing this, or is it just this numpty :computerangry:

I had the same - had to change the address in the shortcut from www.ngaugeforum.org.uk to ngaugeforum.org.uk (no www at the beginning). My fault for not reading it properly when it changed!!

I refer to my earlier post re login problems ....

it's worked for a couple of us ....... NO WWW IN THE ADDRESS!

Tank

Well, once you've all figured it out we'll change fully back to .co.uk permanently.  ;) :D

This has been one long headache, and I dread coming on the forum to read everyone's problems!!!! :'(      :smiley-laughing: :thumbsup:  Still, we are still the new kids on the block, and we have to try out new features until they work for everyone.

tadpole

I too find I'm having to log in at every visit, despite selecting the "forever" option.
Two rails good. Three better.

davieb

hi all  :wave:

that is the same problem as i was having the solution for me was

delete my old bookmark then log onto the site then once logged in and on the home page of the forum
make a new bookmark and HEY PRESTO !!! no more having to log in every time you visit

it is something to do with the change from .co.uk to .org.uk
but the technicallity of this is beyond me  :smiley-laughing:

dave  :thumbsup:

Chinahand

Yep. That worked. Thanks Dave  :thumbsup:
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Cimmerian

Worked for me as well. Thanks.
Regards, Ken

MinZaPint

This is such a great forum that I' happy to put up with a few inconveniences for the long term good. Keep up the good work guys your efforts are appreciated. On the subject of computers I've been having trouble with bugs, beat the screen half to death with a rolled up newspaper before I dicovered it was Findus having a bit of fun  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: It's enough to drive a sane man to
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Cimmerian

Being sane is overated. I certainly didn't miss it.
Regards, Ken

Dock Shunter

Quote from: MinZaPint on January 13, 2012, 12:36:43 PMOn the subject of computers I've been having trouble with bugs, beat the screen half to death with a rolled up newspaper before I dicovered it was Findus having a bit of fun  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: It's enough to drive a sane man to

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: ;D :thumbsup: :beers:

Tank

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations