Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

If you are all in lockdown, there may be less pollution in the air.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

railsquid

Quote from: Malc on April 10, 2020, 03:19:11 PM

We are in a bizarre "State of Emergency" which gives the government powers to request really really nicely that people stay at home as much as possible (which I am following because I can and I had viral pneumonia once a long time ago and don't want to risk getting something similar while other people are hogging all the ventilators), but said structure is visible from a nearby park in normal conditions so I don't think it's that.

daffy

Has somebody cleaned the window?  :hmmm:

:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Mrs Railsquid has finally given you the right sort of mushrooms to eat?

emjaybee

I'm with him above. Pollution levels are plummeting. We're fairly remote from major population centres, and even we think the airs cleaner than it's been in a long time.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

daffy

Quote from: emjaybee on April 10, 2020, 04:30:31 PM

I'm with him above. Pollution levels are plummeting. We're fairly remote from major population centres, and even we think the airs cleaner than it's been in a long time.

It won't last. :no:

Easter + fine and warm weather = BBQ's + burnt bangers and burgers = pollution back up to normal toxic levels by Monday night. :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Lawrence

@railsquid is the colour changing somehow advising of the lock down or does it always do that?
I see a 1/700 scale model is available, you could always get one for the layout and light it up with LEDs
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10156428

themadhippy

Todays happiness is thanks  to my local opening for 2 hours for take away ale,thats the essential shopping done for this week.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Bealman

Never did get up that Skytree on my trip. But I didn't get to Tokyo Disneyland, either  :D

Did get up the Kyoto one on a nice clear day though.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

The cold light of day reveals why I never noticed the damn thing before, amongst all the other visible vertical distractions:

It's also in a direction I don't normally look in (blinds usually down on those windows at night) and the normal illuminations don't really stand out at this distance.

Photo was taken in the afternoon, when the sky is a bit hazier and the sun not the best angle, it was a bit clearer in the morning.

Bealman

I'll take your word for it.... all I can see is sky, but no tree!  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: railsquid on April 11, 2020, 08:24:47 AM
The cold light of day reveals why I never noticed the damn thing before, amongst all the other visible vertical distractions:

Get a grip, man. There's a huge red arrow directly above it, how much more of a clue do you need?  ;)

Trainfish

You beat me to it, I was just about to say the same thing. It's not often you see a big red arrow in the sky so surely you looked below it previously? Obviously not  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Calnefoxile

Yiippee  :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

I've got a new job and I've handed in my notice today. I currently work for Capit as a Field Service Engineer looking after the Control Room systems and Communications for the Emergency Services and on the 1st June I start with South Western Ambulance Service Trust as a Radio & Data Systems Engineer.

I've been with Capita/Sungard/Vivista for 12 1/2 years, but now is the right time to move on to pastures new and when you get told "Apply for the job & it's pretty much yours" by the person who's going to be my new Boss, well it'd be rude not to take it on  ;) ;)

Only downside is I lose my Company Car and have to now buy my own, which means for the 1st time in 12 1/2 years I've got to Tax, Insure and put my own fuel into a car. Ahh well can't have everything.

Just thought I'd share that  :D :D

Regards

Neal.

dannyboy

Well done that man.  :thumbsup: Hopefully you will be earning a bit extra so that you can afford a car.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations