Dapol Maunsell coaches

Started by Dorsetmike, September 12, 2013, 08:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulinSouthMidlands

PaulinSouthMidlands

The Dapol advert in British Railway Modelling confirms two brake thirds and a compo

Quote from: talisman56 on December 16, 2017, 08:20:45 PM
Quote from: Safety Engineer on December 16, 2017, 07:32:26 PM
Apologies if this has been raised elsewhere but,

I have considered pre-ordering the three coach Maunsell pack for set 392 in BR Green 2P-012-551 from Hattons. However their description states Set 392 comprising Brake third, Compartment Third and Compartment Third. According to the SEMG website set 392 comprised four compartment brake thirds 3218, 3219 and composite 5141. (Note wording for the Olive and Crimson/Cream versions are similar).

I seem to remember that Dapol were going to produce an "authentic" set so I assume the Hatton's descriptions are in error? Before I go ahead and order it would be nice to know what exactly set 392 comprises.

Martin

Bearing in mind all the discussion on set formations and compositions on the Dapol forum, I would say that Hattons have dropped one in their descriptions. I wouldn't think that Dapol would shoot themselves in the foot by not producing the boxed sets that they have committed themselves to on their own Forum...

talisman56

Dapol Collectors Club magazine has pictures of the painted EPs (sans bogies) and gives an 'expected date' of end of Q1 2018.

Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

leachsprite4

The question is is that calendar year q1 (March) or financial year so (June)

longbow

No doubt they are talking calendar years - the coaches appear in Dapol's January releases ad which would be consistent with a Jan-Mar appearance. 

dodger

Not long to go now! The Dapol advert in the latest N Gauge Journal shows the BCK and 4 compartment BSK as January/February releases. The picture however show the 4 compartment BSK without bogies!!!!!!

Dodger

leachsprite4

I don't like to bring bad news but dapol website development page says end of Q2 for these. Which is frustrating but all in good time.

Safety Engineer

The individual coaches have disappeared from the Hatton's web site although the three coach sets are still there.

Martin

Chris in Prague

Thanks. So we'll have to wait a couple of months more, then. Seems like an unexpected delay in production and / or shipping them.

leachsprite4

Hmm maybe not unexpected as decorated samples were only seen late last year so add in Christmas shut down here and Chinese New year there plus shipping, it's probably more realistic.
I hope the website is wrong and they are sooner.
Graham

nobby

not to worry gives me till the summer at least to save for them , anything like the repaint hst sets that were advertised as June last year for release and still waiting , with a lot of these things now i just wait till my local shop rings me to tell me they are in, and regarding these coaches , its nice they are doing the triple pack, but why not put the 4 comp brakes in a box set of 2 knowing that you need 2 to go with the ck coaches already released with the set numbers on the coaches and reference the ck coach to go with it , they could released up to 4 sets even if not all at once ?, logic goes out the window,

talisman56

Just for your future reference...  :)

SR lined Olive Green: Cat 2P-012-055 BTK(4) 3215 and 2P-012-056 BTK(4) 3216 go with 2P-012-151 CK 5138
BR Crimson/Cream: Cat 2P-012-653 BTK(4) 3226 and 2P-012-654 BTK(4) 3231 go with 2P-012-752 CK 5142
BR(S) Green: Cat 2P-012-355 BTK(4) 3220 and 2P-012-356 BTK(4) 3221 go with 2P-012-451 CK 5137

The CK is oriented so that the 1st Class end goes next to the lower-numbered BTK(4).

Enjoy!

Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Chris in Prague

Thanks, Talisman. However, I want to make 2P 'local' sets of BSK+BCK in BR SR Green or, perhaps, BR Crimson & Cream, not 3 sets.

nobby

hopefully dapol will do the bsk and sk coaches ,as they would be helpful and dont require any other tooling as they can use the btk and tk tooling i believe, and these could be added to make 2p sets and the newhaven boat train stock of which dapol has already done some coaches for , but we shall see

Southernboy

I'm very excited about the 4-comp brakes. They're quite distinctive and will really add character to a set. I'll probabably get a couple of them for my mainline summer hoiliday express trains :)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations