Dapol Maunsell coaches

Started by Dorsetmike, September 12, 2013, 08:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris in Prague

I can only find one Maunsell Brake Composite in BR SR Green and one in BR Crimson & Cream. However, I need two Maunsell Brake Composites in BR SR Green to go with my two Maunsell Brake Seconds in BR SR Green.

Bob G

That is correct. the 4 compartment thirds go with the compo to make a 3-car set, and the BCKs are add ons for coaches to the branches of the withered arm etc. Yes they only are doing one and i'd like two as well.

Dorsetmike

Pre order placed, £146.

Quote from: Bob G on March 12, 2018, 07:12:36 PM
That is correct. the 4 compartment thirds go with the compo to make a 3-car set, and the BCKs are add ons for coaches to the branches of the withered arm etc. Yes they only are doing one and i'd like two as well.

Sounds like a renumbering job needed
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

leachsprite4

I'd missed they're only making one for now as well.  :doh:

Bob G

To be honest, i would have thought Dapol needed to get as much back from the new moulds as soon as possible.
I don't see what's wrong with them milking the Maunsell cow.
You get more milk than from a Bullied cow :)
Bob

Chris in Prague

They issued two running number models of every type in every livery before. I also need to purchase some BR SR era buffet / restaurant car kits to make up to go with my Bulleid coaches.

Carmont

Received my 3-set this morning. They are quite exquisite and employ a nice gangway interconnection as well.

Dorsetmike

Rails and Hattons both have the SR lined green 3rd brakes and compo brakes but neither appear to have the 3 set 394 as yet although Dapol show it as going to stockists at the same time as the single coaches.
I'm reminded of an acronym from service days - SNAFU.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

talisman56

Both Rails and Hattons have the 3-set listed. I could pick it when making up my order yesterday at Hattons, and saw the Rails entry while I was browsing for other stuff at Rails...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Caz

Was advised my pre order set was despatched on Saturday from Hattons.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Dorsetmike

Rails now admit to having them however as I doubt they work Sundays mine will probably start moving tomorrow, says he with fingers and other appendages crossed.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

CarriageShed

Quote from: Caz on July 22, 2018, 05:34:46 PM
Was advised my pre order set was despatched on Saturday from Hattons.

And I was advised on Friday - and they arrived today! These are 4-compartment brakes Nos 3214 and 3215 for my Bournemouth Ltd service. I have to say they look superb.

Dorsetmike

Still no news from Rails, they are showing them as arrived but I've not had a request for payment as yet.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

CarriageShed

Kernow Models have a batch too. They arrived yesterday.

Chris in Prague

Any news of the arrival of the high window Maunsell coaches, please?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations