The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Did the last grocery shopping before Christmas at Tesco today. 2 staff stood just inside the entrance who I wrongly assumed might be there to enforce mask wearing. No. Loads of  :censored: wandering around the store with no mask, some wearing it below their nose level and some even only putting a mask on when they got to the till :confused2:. My 88 year old mother who pulls no punches asked a group of teens whether they knew what mandatory meant and they just replied "Huh?  :censored: off" A few others in the store were wearing lanyards with a blue card stating something but I didn't want to get close enough to read it and just assumed it was some sort of exemption.
I did ask to see the store manager but was told he was unavailable. Probably planning a party for Friday night ::)

crewearpley40

I was packing my shopping bag having paid and some idiot was only keen to barge into me stretch over and grab the basket as none were available at the door.. i saidcexcuse me, politely asked him.to stop and received an abusive comment. I gave a filthy look and asked if he had manners and seconds later same idiot nearly knocked an elderly lady keen to move on . Well at least the poor checkout manager received the worst of his verbals and she asked said idiot to leave. Good on her

daffy

a :censored:

Just had the self-same Tesco experience at Skegness. Most shoppers under 40, perhaps 35% not wearing masks, lots of children wandering about away from parents, groups of four and even five clustering and blocking aisles,  no sign or sound of mandatory mask instruction, no Security in sight, I seemed to be the only one socially distancing - when I could - and on entering and leaving I witnessed nobody using the gel and trolley spray supplied at the door.

All in all, a diabolical display by the British public  - who will no doubt soon object to new strictures or lockdown being imposed to restrict their 'freedoms'.

Thankfully I'm done shopping until the New Year and justbhope tonight's excursion will not lead to me passing some infection to my immune-compromised wife.

So Merry Christmas to one and all. (unless you were in Tesco Skegness tonight.)

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

emjaybee

Haven't been into a supermarket in 22 months. If we can't get it delivered, we do without.

Now you know why.

:veryangry:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

railsquid

Every time there's a report on Japanese TV about the coronavirus situation in Britain, at some point they inevitably cut to a street scene showing masses of people mainly not wearing masks...

(If anyone's feeling bored, check out e.g.
this live video feed of central Tokyo and try and spot anyone *not* wearing a mask, despite approximately 0% actual legal mandates).

daffy

Delivery slots booked up so had to go or starve and chose my usual late night time of 8:00pm to set off on the 20 minute drive to Tesco .(and I do this as infrequently as possible). It's usually very very quiet and although I expected it to be busier than usual for the time (online shows how busy each hour) I was not prepared for the widespread disregard of rules, common sense, and social responsibility. This was unusual to say the least, and with over 106,000 new cases reported for the last recorded 24 hour period, the actions of many seemed downright insane.

History will not lay the blame for the ultimate cost of Covid in lives lost or adversely affected on politicians or whatever scapegoat the masses may choose. No. History will blame the masses. Or at least that proportion of the masses who evidently have cardboard between their ears.

I shall go to bed now and do a Lateral Flow Test twice daily for a week, and hope.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Trainfish

The roads have been very busy this week and supermarkets rammed. I went in Wickes in Alton today and there's an Aldi next door. I saw most people going in and coming out without masks. In Wickes most customers wore masks but most staff didn't.
I went in an ASDA somewhere yesterday, I think it was near Chichester, and around 50% wore masks. Luckily I only wanted to buy some pants so it was a quick in, self checkout then get out. I test on Thursdays and Sundays so tomorrow will tell me whether I need to throw away my pants or not. I may get away with just washing them at a high temperature  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

railsquid

Quote from: Trainfish on December 22, 2021, 11:43:19 PM
I went in an ASDA somewhere yesterday, I think it was near Chichester, and around 50% wore masks. Luckily I only wanted to buy some pants so it was a quick in, self checkout then get out. I test on Thursdays and Sundays so tomorrow will tell me whether I need to throw away my pants or not. I may get away with just washing them at a high temperature  :thumbsup:

Did you not put a mask on your pants then? I hope they test negative  :thumbsup:

Trainfish

I didn't have a mask when I went in.

I did when I came out though.

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Masks mandatory in indoor venues again in NSW from midnight tonight.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

Quote from: Trainfish on December 23, 2021, 01:16:56 AM
I didn't have a mask when I went in.

I did when I came out though.

Oh dear John! Those pants are no good as a mask at all. :no:

Didn't you know that it has been scientifically proven  ;) that only underpants with a reinforced double-gusset give effective protection against all perils.?
:hmmm:

:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on December 23, 2021, 07:23:34 AM
Masks mandatory in indoor venues again in NSW from midnight tonight.

What about pants?

Anyway looks like the Omicron genie has finally managed to skip quarantine in the Osaka/Kyoto area, I suppose it had to somewhere, I just hope it doesn't much up the rest of the school year too much...

Trainfish

Quote from: daffy on December 23, 2021, 07:55:04 AM
Oh dear John! Those pants are no good as a mask at all. :no:

Didn't you know that it has been scientifically proven  ;) that only underpants with a reinforced double-gusset give effective protection against all perils.?
:hmmm:

:D

Ah yes, I've done a bit of research and found that you are absolutely correct.

John

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: emjaybee on December 22, 2021, 10:56:03 PM
Haven't been into a supermarket in 22 months. If we can't get it delivered, we do without.

Now you know why.

One of the issues with our Tesco is the aisles are full of staff picking stock for delivery to those stay at homers and with their damn great carts it's very difficult to keep a social distance, especially when they come and park next to you and reach across you or leave their cart parked across the aisle. I have to say some are as fragrant as some folks at model railway shows, too :sick2: Then they see a particular friend so stop for a natter thus blocking the aisle completely and then wonder why they get rammed by an irate NPN and his trolley. I say unto you "Get thee hence and do thine own shopping providing thou hast deodorant used." It would ease the problem for those of us who have to deal with homo denso :P ;)

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 23, 2021, 09:50:59 AM
Quote from: emjaybee on December 22, 2021, 10:56:03 PM

Now you know why.

One of the issues with our Tesco is the aisles are full of staff picking stock for delivery to those stay at homers and with their damn great carts it's very difficult to keep a social distance, especially when they come and park next to you and reach across you or leave their cart parked across the aisle. I have to say some are as fragrant as some folks at model railway shows, too :sick2: Then they see a particular friend so stop for a natter thus blocking the aisle completely and then wonder why they get rammed by an irate NPN and his trolley. I say unto you "Get thee hence and do thine own shopping providing thou hast deodorant used." It would ease the problem for those of us who have to deal with homo denso :P ;)

Sorry Mick, no can do. With the wife's Epilepsy prescription lowering her immune system, and her chronic respiratory condition, and the advice from her GP and Consultant to "Not get it, even with three jabs", I'm afraid we carry on.

The only consolation I can give you is that it's unlikely to be our shopping that's causing you grief.

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77