The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

;D  Go for it mate!  I wish I could afford to get more of them converted.....or even have the time to do it myself. ::) :'(

Bikeracer

Quote from: Lawrence on August 16, 2011, 07:49:55 PM
Geez, don't you guys know how to use the chatroom or pm's? this is a thread for angry people not digging our glorious leader out of a hole  ::)

I think this thread should be renamed "More DCC stuff".

Allan

I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Newportnobby

Found out this morning that last night many of the houses in our cul-de-sac had their garages burgled with the resultant loss of bikes etc.
Luckily the only things in my rear garden were potted plants and some garden furniture, and my garage is quite securely locked so nothing disappeared.
The people who do this should have raw meat attached to them and be made to walk through the lion enclosure at Chester Zoo at feeding time. >:( >:(

Lawrence

Day 2 of NEBOSH course  >:(

actually probably more angry at myself for not being able to understand it  :(

Bikeracer

I ordered a full set of laser toners from a place called Valueshop on Sunday,paid extra for delivery in 2-3 working days.

Third working day today and no toner has arrived by dinner time so I phone up to see if it's been dispatched,the numpty on the phone said he'd have to check with dispatch and would phone back in half an hour.

Having not received the return call two hours later,I phoned again and was told they were waiting for one of the toners to arrive.They took the money on Sunday for the toner and 2-3 day delivery and didn't even have the toner in stock.

From the background noises on the phone call it sounded like I was talking to someone at home or they let toddlers in the their office.
Anyway,I informed the numpty on the phone that he wasn't using my money to run his business and buy stuff to send to me and to cancel the order and refund the money to my bank account.

I re-ordered from Cartridgesave this afternoon and had an email confirming delivery to me tomorrow.

Allan

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bikeracer on August 17, 2011, 10:05:30 PM

From the background noises on the phone call it sounded like I was talking to someone at home or they let toddlers in the their office.

Allan

Allan - I suspect you've hit the nail on the head, and they are employed there ::)

poliss

Water has been off all day. I'd advise people not to stand too close to me.

Newportnobby

Got my new Farish TPO's (374-901) out to play tonight to find that of the 5 purchased, 3 had bits snapped off the bogies such that the wheelsets were free to roam wherever they wanted (in one case onto the floor). Hey - ho, more returns.Grrrr >:(

Bikeracer

Had to phone Virgin this morning to find out what  ISP service they provide,it was to answer a question in the installation of a wireless router,there was a choice of three answers in the installation and I didn't have a clue.

Went through the inevitable "press this number for" malarkey and eventually I'm put on hold.Then after a while I'm given a five choice menu as to what type of music I want to listen to while I'm on hold, but not a choice of none. >:(
So they kindly made the choice for me. I don't want music banging in my ear while I'm on hold.

When I finally got through to a person and it was hard work getting the information from him,but eventually after asking me my phone number and name and some delay he informed me the connection is "Dynamic".
Why couldn't he just tell me to start with.

Allan

scotsoft

This does not always work but it is worth trying when you get to the "press this number for" malarkey part.
Press the hash key then zero key one after the other, on some systems it sends it haywire and you are put through to human(ish) person quicker than normal  :evil:

jonclox

I`m fuming :(
for the last couple of weeks Ive been searching for some 'decline' pillers......all anybody does is 'incline' one for going up hill  :-\
When are manufactures going to start catering or customers who need to build down to ground level from an upper level ?
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Tank

Quote from: jonclox on September 06, 2011, 11:12:15 AM
for the last couple of weeks Ive been searching for some 'decine' pillers......

Try typing 'decline' instead!   :smiley-laughing:  No, it's annoying when you can't find what you need.  Can you not try and make your own, or do you prefer to buy them already made?

findus

Get home to find i have no hot water, and cant program the immersion time to get it going  :thumbsdown: anybody anygood with immersions timers??

poliss

At least you have water. Ours has gone off six times in the last two weeks without notice!
Try googling instructions for the make and model of your immersion heater.

Newportnobby

Quote from: poliss on September 06, 2011, 03:28:44 PM
At least you have water. Ours has gone off six times in the last two weeks without notice!

That's scary, Poliss. What utility company are you with, and have they explained why? :thumbsdown:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations