The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

As I hinted elsewhere the noise in and around Bristol last night was astonishing.

For some reason it really picked up around 11:50, seems these people can't, erm, go off at the appointed moment.

Also had a spate of stupidly load explosions seemingly right at the front of the house. Always bloody annoying that, not pretty just making a noise.

Thankfully my one remaining moggy is ok this morning. She insisted on going out last night and I was a bit concerned.

Last ones around 01:15, so illegal, but what can we do?

Skyline2uk

guest311

"so illegal, but what can we do?"

Terminate with extreme prejudiced  >:D /

Skyline2uk

Quote from: class37025 on January 01, 2022, 05:22:34 PM

Having watched the most recent "Terminator" film over the holidays, I can honestly say watching your version would be far better.

Skyline2uk

guest311

many years ago, an ex - neighbour [not dead, just moved  >:D] was well known / notorious for his 'sod you, if I want to I will' attitude.......

so, new years eve on saturday, and I had an 06:30 start in Hove, which meant leave about 06:00, arrive at 06:15, take over brief, and let the night crew get off on time........

loud music, loads of laughter etc and at 01:00 loud fireworks from said neighbour ....

got up at 05:30, got dressed, had breakie, then walked Coco, our shepherd, before leaving for work at 06:00.

found a rocket stick on the car roof, so headed up the road ....

bang, bang, bang on his front door...

after several minutes " what ? do you know what time it is? "

>:D :D

"I take it that as you were the only   :censored: letting off fireworks at 01:15, and this was not on my car roof at 00:30, then this is yours !. when I get to work, and it is daylight, I will check for damage to my car roof, and if there is any, YOU WILL BE PAYING FOR IT !"
stuffed rocket stick into his hand [ok I was seriously tempted with other destinations...]

funny, the next new year ..... no fireworks  :hmmm:

who suggested that morons can't learn ? :smiley-laughing:

exmouthcraig

Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 01, 2022, 05:24:54 PM
Quote from: class37025 on January 01, 2022, 05:22:34 PM

Having watched the most recent "Terminator" film over the holidays, I can honestly say watching your version would be far better.

Skyline2uk

DO NOT give his ego that kind of boost, he already thinks Tom Clancy should use him as "technical advice "

:smiley-laughing:

Trainfish

Quote from: class37025 on January 01, 2022, 05:35:25 PM
an ex - neighbour [not dead, just moved  >:D]

You're slacking, I'm amazed that he survived  :confused1:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

obviously I must be getting mellow in my old age  >:D

TrevL

Apparently he moved to get away from the nightmare neighbours :laugh:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

guest311

back where I belong, and no doubt soon to be banished, yet again, to the naughty step for 'political' comment,

but did anyone else notice on the ITV news tonight that either Boris didn't know what he was talking about, or was lying ?

on a segment about the cost of energy, he stated that the government was helping with a £300 winter fuel allowance, but a quick check with fellow pensioners / friends confirmed no increase from the £200 it has been for decades.

so, does he not know what he is talking about, or does he think people are gullible enough to believe anything he says ?

kettle boiling for my flask of coffee, NATO, bag packed with Jaffa cakes, Digestive biccies etc, and a cushion to soften my long seating on the bare boards of the naughty step.

Dorsetmike

Probably 'cos you ain't old enough, I got £300 being over 80 and living alone

https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment/how-much-youll-get
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

guest311

ahhh, so if I survive anothe 4 1/2 years, I'll be able to afford to keep warm  :hmmm:

mind you, he didn't, of course, say that, so gave the impression that everyone who was eligible got the £300.

but of course it sounded good, and that is what matters.

did love the comment in the series Anne last night, when asked about a minister, comment was not suitable for this forum, but very apt. those of you who watched it know what I mean  >:D

Newportnobby

I think I'm going to leave your political post there so folks can see you crash and burn, Alan >:D
Never let the truth get in the way of a good rant, eh? Tut, tut ;)

stevewalker

After the crash, at the least the burning will keep him warm  :D

Newportnobby

Having been a recipient of the £200 heating allowance each winter since I became a 'senior citizen' I have always assumed it is to help OFFSET the extra cost of heating for, say, 6 months of the year - NOT to pay the entire amount per month. For sure, it is galling the allowance has not risen in line with fuel prices or even inflation but it's certainly better than a smack in the face with a wet fish.....

dannyboy

There is a fuel allowance in Ireland for people aged between 66 and 70 years of age, which you can get - depending on your circumstances, as this payment is means tested. It is paid from September through to April. Being 70, I get a different allowance, which gives me €1.15 per day, paid monthly, towards my electricity bill, plus the free TV licence. Taking everything into account, the Government here are more generous to the pensioners than the UK Government are to UK pensioners.
The Irish Government has also stated that every household in Ireland will get a one off €100 credit on the electricity bill this year, to be paid around March time. (Much better than a slap in the face with a wet fish  ;)).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations