Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob G

Liddyuk

I've purchased an Osborn's Catfish in Black and added a Revolution dummy screwlink. Looks good to me!

I've tried to upload some photos of my recent purchases but I'm getting nowhere fast. Managed to get them into my "gallery" but not into this post.

I've read the help section on how to post photos but it doesn't match what I'm seeing on my iPAD; any ideas?

Newportnobby

Find the required pic in your gallery. Click on that pic and a new page will open with various codes.
Click on the blue rectangles at the end of the 'BB Code', go to your post where you want to place the pic and click 'Paste'
If doing this a lot it's best to open two tabs with the forum - one for your posts and one for your gallery

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 20, 2023, 09:21:12 PM
Find the required pic in your gallery. Click on that pic and a new page will open with various codes.
Click on the blue rectangles at the end of the 'BB Code', go to your post where you want to place the pic and click 'Paste'
If doing this a lot it's best to open two tabs with the forum - one for your posts and one for your gallery

Thanks for the reply but I don't see any of that when using my iPAD; I'll try again later on the MacBook and see if I can sort something

Newportnobby

Apple kit can be funny as regards compatibility. Not sure if it still applies but pics used to appear upside down on the forum

Absolutely not possible for me to add photos to this thread  :censored:

I managed to add 3 photos to my gallery, one of those you have added (the one with 2 class 37 locos), but I am unable to add the other 2 photos of the locos on their own.

I do find this site to be quite "clunky" whereas I have no problems with a different site that I use to do with diecast aircraft models - bizarre! Is this just compatibility with Apple products, as you have already mentioned?

Newportnobby

If you could point me to your gallery I'll post them for you. I struck lucky with the one I did post.

Hiawatha

Quote from: 37214 on May 21, 2023, 09:59:08 PM

I managed to add 3 photos to my gallery, one of those you have added (the one with 2 class 37 locos), but I am unable to add the other 2 photos of the locos on their own.

I do find this site to be quite "clunky" whereas I have no problems with a different site that I use to do with diecast aircraft models - bizarre! Is this just compatibility with Apple products, as you have already mentioned?

Here are your other 2 photos:

Yes, there are simpler forums for adding pictures but you have already taken the highest hurdle and have got you photos into the gallery (instead of trying to use the option "Attachments and other options"), so it's just that you need to get the BB code of the pictures to the post you are writing.
As Newportnobby said, open another window, go to the gallery and the just uploaded ones should be right there to see. Then click on the picture and copy the "BB Code" line by clicking on the blue rectangles to the right of that line. This already includes the [ img ] [ /img ] tags you will need and so you can simply paste that line in your reply window.
I don't think that on an iPad it will be any different; I also use an Apple (although not an iPad) and it looks just the same as on other computers.
Peter

Nbodger

On my now defunct iPad I had to highlight the BB code then copy as the copy button didn't work

Quote from: Hiawatha on May 22, 2023, 07:08:01 AM
Quote from: 37214 on May 21, 2023, 09:59:08 PM

Here are your other 2 photos:

Yes, there are simpler forums for adding pictures but you have already taken the highest hurdle and have got you photos into the gallery (instead of trying to use the option "Attachments and other options"), so it's just that you need to get the BB code of the pictures to the post you are writing.
As Newportnobby said, open another window, go to the gallery and the just uploaded ones should be right there to see. Then click on the picture and copy the "BB Code" line by clicking on the blue rectangles to the right of that line. This already includes the [ img ] [ /img ] tags you will need and so you can simply paste that line in your reply window.
I don't think that on an iPad it will be any different; I also use an Apple (although not an iPad) and it looks just the same as on other computers.

Thanks for posting my pictures 👍🏻

Really pleased with these two as I'm a bit partial to Departmental/Engineering locos.

I've got a Dapol class 26 in Railfreight colours recently, so I will photograph it and try out your instructions.

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 21, 2023, 10:19:49 PM
If you could point me to your gallery I'll post them for you. I struck lucky with the one I did post.

Hiawatha has kindly posted already but you did strike lucky if that was purely by chance 😊

Thanks again for your help.

Quote from: Nbodger on May 22, 2023, 08:00:35 AM
On my now defunct iPad I had to highlight the BB code then copy as the copy button didn't work

Couldn't even find the BB code when using the iPAD; will try and follow the instructions posted by Hiawatha once I've taken photos of my latest class 26

Foxhound

Thought I would stick this in here as the N gauge Society page is filling up nicely....
Lovely looking model, just arrived this morning and yet to be run.

Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations