One careless lady driver

Started by woodbury22uk, February 02, 2022, 08:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbury22uk

So I am minding my own business, seated on the sofa and sipping a cup of coffee, when I feel a sudden punch on the left side of my chest, accompanied by an explosive gunshot sound. After a few moments to recompose, I realise I have not been shot in my own lounge. Instead a golf ball has come through the narrow gap of an open window, struck the TV table, whacked me on the chest, and then completed a few pinball table manoeuvres around the floor before coming to rest. Quite a bad slice given that I was 100 yards from the tee, 100 yards from the green, and at least 75 yards from the fairway with two rows of two story properties between me and the fairway. Despite the impact, there is not even a bruise on my chest. As luck would have it, the ball struck my breast pocket which had two facemasks stuffed in it, and softened the blow.

The clubhouse identified the careless lady driver, and I await her apology.  Some hopes. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

chrism

Quote from: woodbury22uk on February 02, 2022, 08:09:17 AM
Instead a golf ball has come through the narrow gap of an open window, struck the TV table, whacked me on the chest, and then completed a few pinball table manoeuvres around the floor before coming to rest. Quite a bad slice given that I was 100 yards from the tee, 100 yards from the green, and at least 75 yards from the fairway with two rows of two story properties between me and the fairway. Despite the impact, there is not even a bruise on my chest. As luck would have it, the ball struck my breast pocket which had two facemasks stuffed in it, and softened the blow.

I dunno. Sounds like a very good shot, considering that she managed to get the gap in the window, instead of the glass, and a padded pocket, rather than anywhere else - especially at that range without a clear line of sight   :smiley-laughing:

Bealman

I think the lottery ticket is a good idea.  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bob Tidbury

Just goes to prove that masks save lives .
Bob Tidbury

Platy767

Many years ago I was playing golf with a friend (an Englishman) and we called up the following group on the tee, while sitting well out of range at the rear of the green. One of the group hit a screamer, which I lost sight of in the sun, until it whacked me in the stomach. My playing partner, always a gentleman, said "Wow, that was lucky. It could have hit me" :D

Gordon

Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Newportnobby

@woodbury22uk That's one helluva tee shot from Switzerland, Mike :o
She's probably still looking for her ball.

woodbury22uk

An anonymous ransom demand for the ball has been sent. Don't expect a reply. :-)
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

woodbury22uk

I have received a delivery of two bottles of rioja, which will certainly help soothe me. I still have the ball, though.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

fisherman

You were   very  lucky.

Obviously the   first ball was out  of  bounds and so  she would have  had to play  another  one !!
<o({{{<<

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations