Need people, people!

Started by emjaybee, January 10, 2022, 11:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a supply of cheap 'N' gauge people? Not specific, but background people, sitting, standing, for populating carriages, buildings, shops, bars etc..

Preferably painted, or any kind of alternative solution.

:thankyousign:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

steadfast

This sort of thing of eBay are ideal for filling up carriages etc. The painting is so - so, but fine once inside a vehicle and they're cheap as chips. They also provide a handy base for further painting by hand. Search "1/150 figures" and there's loads of results, mostly from China.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100Pcs-1-150-Scale-DIY-Painted-People-Miniature-Figures-Model-For-Train-Layout-/124423429947?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Jo

Trainfish

I still found that you need to cut the legs off though. I have a couple of small pots full of Chinese legs  :goggleeyes: This may only be for Farish mk3 coaches though, I haven't started on my Dapol coaches yet and am not looking forward to populating 90 of those  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

RBTKraisee

Quote from: Trainfish on January 11, 2022, 02:25:08 AM
I still found that you need to cut the legs off though. I have a couple of small pots full of Chinese legs  :goggleeyes:

When the police knock on the door, go quietly... ;)

Ross.
"The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the stars" -Robert Heinlein
An Ex-Pat Brit:  Two decades living in Florida and still an unhealthy shade of "British Tourist White"

Steam Locomotive Wheel Dimensions: https://www.shorturl.at/xAEKW

All my available products are listed in the first post in my workbench thread.

Bealman

Never thought I'd need so many people.....

David Bowie, opening track of the Ziggy Stardust album, 1972
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Madann01

Make sure they are all socially distanced and wearing masks when installed, and of course vaccinated :D

tutenkhamunsleeping

I have a couple of small pots full of Chinese legs  :goggleeyes:

In soy sauce?

Newportnobby

I still found that you need to cut the legs off though. I have a couple of small pots full of Chinese legs 

Shouldn't that be 'regs'?

joe cassidy

Apparently people, people who need people, are the happiest people in the world ?

Trainfish

:goggleeyes:Not when you cut off their legs they're not  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations