Nobby's mental breakdown

Started by Newportnobby, December 30, 2021, 04:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Osborns have confirmed they have the 374-640 and 374-632A but not the 374-890 so I've sourced that with Kernow.
I have to say Osborns have been more than helpful in me putting this train together  :thankyousign:

Chris Morris

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 30, 2021, 06:26:17 PM
:stop: :stop: :stop: :stop: :telloff:

I have 3 green Hymeks already (1 is a dummy one for double heading)
No china clay for me, sorry. I have more than enough wagons for other rakes :-[

Oh no, i'm going to have to get myself another green Hymek to keep up with you!
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Newportnobby

First item to arrive is the ex Kernow Farish 374-890 50FT ex LMS Full brake weathered by the factory. As I said, all rolling stock will end up getting the 'treatment' from @mk1gtstu

Newportnobby

2 of the 6 parcels I'm waiting on arrived today. One was some dowels and a drill bit from Station Baseboards such that I can progress the layout rebuild, but the other was more to this thread subject. A Farish 374-136 blue GUV (ta muchly to Chris @crewearpley40 for sourcing one ex Chelmsford Models)

crewearpley40

Ken Wilkinson at John dutfield kindly had it in stock. I have one too

Bealman

So the odd blue thingy is allowed in the period of our layouts, then. I usually avoid anything blue!

With the possible exception of the odd movie  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on January 11, 2022, 12:25:57 AM
So the odd blue thingy is allowed in the period of our layouts, then. I usually avoid anything blue!

@Bealman No, George. The only blue thing allowed in our era is the Blue Pullman. I am just having a mental aberration and am creating one 'blue train' just 'cos I like the chromatic blue Hymek and thought a rake of blue parcels stock would look good behind it.
Same reason I bought the Kato IET class 800 and am buying a class 28 + a few conflat-Ps, but they're also to try to keep Kato and Rapido making items for UK modellers.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

The first one I can already do. The second is more like it but not a full custard dipped Hymek :no: :sick:

crewearpley40

I was looking at the assortment of vans. Being honest the green liveried Hymek would suit your layout.

Newportnobby

Quote from: crewearpley40 on January 11, 2022, 09:40:16 AM
Being honest the green liveried Hymek would suit your layout.

I already have 3 green Hymeks for the layout (2 powered, one dummy)
I think you're missing the point of this one off exercise, Chris

crewearpley40

Look forward to seeing the chromatic blue loco haul her parcels train.

Newportnobby

A couple of arrivals from Rails to augment the ones on their way from France from member ohlavache.....

Dapol 2F-047-012 CCT and Dapol 2F-014-012 Fruit D

ohlavache

I hope the wagons from France will soon arrive.  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations