My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

I got off with a slap on the wrist, which is probably all he'll get.

Bus stop devoid of trolleys and looking remarkably clean this evening. Council must be short of something to do  :)

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

I must say I didn't realise before that it was such an elegant-looking bus stop  :confused2: Is there space round the back where you could shelter from an active shooter if needed?

crewearpley40

Bealman

Quote from: railsquid on December 02, 2021, 12:57:46 AM
I must say I didn't realise before that it was such an elegant-looking bus stop  :confused2: Is there space round the back where you could shelter from an active shooter if needed?

Comes complete with holes to poke guns through and shoot back  :D

Bealman

A Bealman bus stop theory. Please don't take too seriously.

Masks are still compulsory here at the moment. On the bus to the club just then, a woman got on with really cheap crap perfume on that stunk.

That made my science background start to think, if I can smell that through this mask, then sub-microscopic  viruses must just waltz through!

Makes me wonder what the hell use these masks really are.

The Q

A large part of the particles are in damp air  put out by you when you breath out.. They are absorbed by the mask. That protects others..
They are are less effective at stopping dry air particles floating around, like the smell of perfume..

if a naked man pees in your direction you get wet.... if he's wearing zipped up trousers, He gets wet.. but you can still smell it...

Bealman

Thanks. As I say, don't take my post too seriously.  :thumbsup:

railsquid

So basically that means if the Covid virus mutates enough that it is able to use perfume as a transmission vector, we are (to use a technical term) screwed?

Anyway, at this point according to my calculations there are only 9 unused letters in the Greek alphabet, so I don't think it will get that far  :thumbsup:

Trainfish

Quote from: The Q on December 02, 2021, 06:59:53 AM
A large part of the particles are in damp air  put out by you when you breath out.. They are absorbed by the mask. That protects others..
They are are less effective at stopping dry air particles floating around, like the smell of perfume..

if a naked man pees in your direction you get wet.... if he's wearing zipped up trousers, He gets wet.. but you can still smell it...

That has to be the best explanation of a mask yet  :thumbsup: I'll be using that one next time someone asks me to explain  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

OffshoreAlan

Quote from: Bealman on December 02, 2021, 06:19:44 AM... if I can smell that through this mask, then sub-microscopic  viruses must just waltz through!...

Perhaps :-

1. Your mask was unsuitable (a lot on the market are)

AND/OR

2. You weren't wearing it properly (many people don't)

:worried: Although your post was not to be taken too seriously, the anti-mask/anti-vacs Quislings who continue to support and nourish the enemy find such statements encouraging.

PGN

Quote from: railsquid on December 02, 2021, 09:47:33 AM
Anyway, at this point according to my calculations there are only 9 unused letters in the Greek alphabet, so I don't think it will get that far  :thumbsup:

When they run out of Greek letters they move on to kanji ... and we will need to rethink the implications of "alpha and omega" ...
Pre-Grouping: the best of all possible worlds!

I would rather build a model which is wrong but "looks right" than a model which is right but "looks wrong".

Bealman

Meanwhile at the bowling club today, Bealette joins with percussion while GrandBealette (on the left) watches....

Trainfish

I think you're gonna need a bigger battery.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Interesting pile of puke at MacDonalds tonight. For overseas readers, Tim Tams are a chocolate coated wafer biscuit made by the Australian company Arnotts.

Papyrus

That makes me feel quite unwell...

Cheers,

Chris

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%