My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Definitely outnumbered last night! But what's this?! Imposter! Green handles! Woolworth's trolley!

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Do I see signs of an upcoming territorial conflict between shopping trolley tribes?

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

It ain't gonna happen on my turf mate  :D

By the way, I'm currently booking hotels in Tokyo. Will pm you!

JonHarbour

This probably should be in the angry thread, but is anybody else annoyed by the fact that at shopping malls all the different stores use different size trolleys that are mutually incompatible? It really irritates me when they insist on a coin slot to ensure you don't leave the country with the trolley! You never seem to be able to hook up your trolley to another because they are all so different!  :veryangry:
Still planning a layout...

colpatben

Is it time to rename this Topic 'My Local Trolly (bus) stop'   ???

@JonHarbour In the UK I get a handfull of the plastic tokens that are available to replace the coin in the trolly handle slot so you can leave your trolly anywhere 'cos the tokens are disposable.

I will send you a sackfull or maybe just a heap of £1.00 coins because they do not seem to be worth much.

Gone :offtopicsign: sorry George  ;)
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

Bealman

:laughabovepost:

Let's remember I started this as a light hearted bit of nonsense!

railsquid

Not sure about pounds, but the Japanese 10 yen coin makes an excellent substitute for trolleys which accept Euros.

Mito

I'm a bit worried that you could be a trolley junkie. This hanging around bus stops too. A busiophile? :o
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Bealman

It's all about avoiding a RBT  :beers:

Mito

RBT A rest between tankards? ;)
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

weave

Oooh,

It's like 'Mock the Week',

Royal Blue Trolleys?

Ratted Bealman Telling off?

A run over RaBbiT?

Nearer with the second answer methinks. Had to look RBT up. We don't seem to have the boys in blue doing that down our way. Not that I would do it  :no:

Cheers for the latest update. Do Woolies still have the massive loose sweet aisle that I never, ever stole from as a kid  :no:

Cheers weave  :beers:

Bealman

Unfortunately those days are long gone  :(

Bealman

I started this thread as a joke.

However, I would like to show forum members what routine life is here in Australia.

Well, I just can't believe I watched an episode of Home and Away at the bowling club!  :sick2: :sick2: :sick2:

railsquid

Is "Neighbours" still running?

Graham

Quote from: Bealman on February 28, 2018, 08:29:14 AM
I started this thread as a joke.

However, I would like to show forum members what routine life is here in Australia.

Well, I just can't believe I watched an episode of Home and Away at the bowling club!  :sick2: :sick2: :sick2:

thankfully I can honestly say after over 30yrs in Aus I have still to experience an episode of either Neighbours or Home & Away, even though the former is filmed in the next suburb to me.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations