Repainting a Farish Class 37

Started by 37214, May 11, 2020, 08:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Having rediscovered my old Poole era Farish locos and rolling stock, I’m in the process of repairing items that have been in the loft for around 20 years (except for a very brief spell in 2017 when I rediscovered them the first time round).

This loco requires a snowplough gluing back on and the new nose ends re-attached (they are in a drawer upstairs somewhere). This was bought second hand at a toy fair and I repainted into a livery I wanted. Back in the 1990’s, there wasn’t much choice in 37’s so we had to improvise. Choice has certainly improved.

Here it is in its box.

Can you tell that I have just worked out how to upload photos from my iPad to the forum?

exmouthcraig

£28!!!!!! Wow!!! Mind you dad has some GF coaches from the late 70s bought in a sale still with the price sticker £1.17 each!!!

I used to buy unpainted body shells direct from Farish, nose ends from either CJM or TPM, RailMatch paints and transfers from Fox.

I made my own Large Logo blue and this model as well as a BR blue renumber. One of my favourites was a Regional Railways class 37 that I produced as a fantasy "what if" model after a real Class 31 had been painted in those colours and not long after I completed it, the real class 37 was unveiled. There were a few inaccuracies in my fantasy model but it didn't take long to correct. I now see that most of the 37 schemes that I wanted and had planned to produce are now commercially available.

Quote from: exmouthcraig on May 11, 2020, 08:14:03 PM
£28!!!!!! Wow!!! Mind you dad has some GF coaches from the late 70s bought in a sale still with the price sticker £1.17 each!!!

Yes, I would pay from £25 - £30 maximum in the early 1990's for a second hand loco and then set to work creating the livery and number that I wanted to model. Coaches were about £5 each, my upper limit was £10. I bought a lot of secondhand coaches to repaint into Regional Railways colours using TPM inlays for the windows; don't suppose anyone does this now?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations