Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Q

It's my parents 62nd wedding anniversary today..

Malc

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on June 08, 2019, 11:14:44 AM
Having turned 60 last month I just discovered my prescriptions are now free :thumbsup:

The downside, however, is the Government are now officially interested in my bottom and it's various activities.  Getting 3 stool samples into an NHS envelope checks my aim at least as much as bowel cancer :goggleeyes:
At least someone in government knows you exist. I got one two days after my 60th and had one every 2 years since.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on June 08, 2019, 03:10:47 PM
Having turned 60 last month I just discovered my prescriptions are now free :thumbsup:

The downside, however, is the Government are now officially interested in my bottom and it's various activities.  Getting 3 stool samples into an NHS envelope checks my aim at least as much as bowel cancer :goggleeyes:
At least someone in government knows you exist. I got one two days after my 60th and had one every 2 years since.

Likewise.
I thought there was a name for folks who send  :poop: through Her Madge's post :hmmm:

Malc

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 08, 2019, 05:15:41 PM
Likewise.
I thought there was a name for folks who send  :poop: through Her Madge's post :hmmm:
Come on Mick, you must have had 2 of these kits by now. I always think of the completed kits being sent en mass through the post and the great train robbers getting sacks of them instead of cash.

The Q

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 08, 2019, 05:15:41 PM

Likewise.
Her majesties inland revenue service?

Yet_Another

Quote from: Malc on June 08, 2019, 05:24:50 PM
Come on Mick, you must have had 2 of these kits by now. I always think of the completed kits being sent en mass through the post and the great train robbers getting sacks of them instead of cash.

More likely to be sent en mess
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

tutenkhamunsleeping

I got one two days after my 60th and had one every 2 years since.

Crikey! Not sure I can hang on for another 2 years :sick2:

guest311

I gave up on them after the second letter telling me I was clear, but then goes on to say that you might still have it as results are not 100%.

too much arsing about if they cannot give a definitive answer IMHO.

was tempted to send 3 samples of Husky poo, but in the end just couldn't be bothered.

stephen lewis

Dear all,

I too received the aforementioned 'kit' soon after my 60th. What a palaver?
But it was the recent missive from the NHS asking me to join a research survey as I was a 'prime' candidate for colon cancer etc. made me feel very pensive about my future, the wording must have been written by an honours graduate in marketing but no common sense!
I had another glass of red and everything seemed OK.

Love to all

Steve

Malc

I agree it's not 100% accurate, but colon cancer killed my dad when he was 62, so I don't mind the testing.

Bealman

They send them out here too, but I never bother with them.  I just go straight to an endoscopy centre 5 mins up the road, where there is a very good doctor.

All the stuff leading up to the procedure is worse than the actual procedure itself! I had 14 polyps removed a couple of years back.

While I'm here, you know what's brown and sits on a piano stool.... Beethoven's last movement....
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

RailGooner

Bealman

Isn't that what Basil Brush used to say to a young Derek Fowles or am I thinking of something else?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Well, the happy thread certainly has fallen between two stools...

Graham

Quote from: Malc on June 08, 2019, 11:39:10 PM
I agree it’s not 100% accurate, but colon cancer killed my dad when he was 62, so I don’t mind the testing.
Similarly my father died in his 60's so I do the test whenever it appears in my mailbox, and just like @Bealman I have the colonoscopy every 3yrs, and the day before is the worst part. the test works on the top of the bowel the colonoscopy cant reach so you need to do both, well according to my doctor you do anyway.

Graham

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations