New smaller scale arrival in the House of Mrs A and me!

Started by acko22, May 16, 2020, 12:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acko22

Hi all,

So as some of you may know from the thread I do on Freightliner Intermodal rakes and the goings on a Basford Hall (where I work), I was furloughed at the start of the month due to a number of factors which did include the slow down in work and therefore need of locos and subsequent maintenance (as a fitter that's where I slot in to the picture).

But there was an additional factor, I was going to be taking time off work anyhow, so it made sense that in agreement with my boss I was one of those to go on furlough as it would benefit the company but also myself!

How so well yesterday now 15th May me and Mrs A welcomed our twin girls into this crazy messed up world at Wythenshawe hospital, so while I am furloughed this has given me time to isolate and have time with the girls in safety before returning to work!
As you can imagine both me and the domestic boss (Mrs A) are over the moon with their safe arrival but additionally for the fact that in the looks department they only have my eye and hair colour and my lips (its what the midwife said anyhow) which is a good job as I am a self confessed ugly git!  :smiley-laughing:
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

emjaybee

Wa-hay!!!

Congratulations old chap! How lovely!

All the very best from me and the missus.

Look after yourselves and enjoy the ensuing chaos.

:claphappy:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Ditape

Diane Tape

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

Congratulations Gareth, now the fun really begins,

jpendle

Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

daffy

Congratulations to you both Gareth. :beers:

Babies, 2 - check
Cots, 2 - check
Nappies, 2,000 - check (might get you through the first 16 weeks)
Exhausting nights, many - check
Happiness, immeasurable and endless - check, check, check!

:thumbsup:

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

exmouthcraig

:claphappy:  :greatwork:

Congratulations Mr & Mrs A!!!

Wishing all 4 of you all the luck in the world !!!!!

Stay safe and grab some well deserved rest as and when you both can!

Skyline2uk

Lawrence

Fantastic news Gareth, congratulations. Hope all 3 girls are well and that you have now made the appropriate hospital appointment  ;) ;D

Newportnobby

Many congratulations, Gareth. Hope Mother and twins are doing well.
What a life changer!!

AlexanderJesse

Congratulations. Until the 3 girls turn home: time to clean up the house and start planning the play-layouts for the girls  :beers:
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

Bob G

Just seen this.

Congratulations to you both. Although why anyone would want your lips???? That's just weird  :D

Bob

stevewalker

Congratulations! Although I must say, we found having a child massively disrupted our lives (particularly taking an hour to get moving each time we wanted to go out). We thought the second wouldn't change things much more - we were completely and utterly wrong. Having two at once ... arrrghh! On the bright side, the third caused no disruption at all.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations