Class 180 Adelante Kit

Started by G_N_E_R, April 20, 2016, 08:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustermark

That looks the business alright. Great work.  :thumbsup: :claphappy: 8)

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

pape_timmo

Excellent work, very impressed.

In the original order, which material did you choose, the prices range from reasonable to OUCH!, so curious which you went for?

Cheers Timmo

There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

Snowwolflair

NB to Admins:  Tank knows about this  :)

I have now received the Adelante First Great Western and First Hull transfers and the completed model in First Great Western in in my latest post.

The set does a five car set in First Great Western or First Hull. If you would like a set the cost will be £45 for a 5 car set of transfers.  In addition I am laser cutting in Perspex side windows and door windows to go with the Shapeway prints at £12 for sufficient for a five car set.

If you would like a transfer set or windows please make payment to my PayPal account (or directly to me) at the address DJAC@calderwoodhan.com and send me an email to this address giving the following.

Your forum name and your username on that forum so I know who you are
PayPal transaction number so I can match up the payment
Full postal name and address
What and how many of each item you wish.

Transfer only will be shipped immediately and if windows are ordered they will take a few extra days as I will cut them to order.

I only have a limited number of transfer sets (currently 23).  those of you who have already requested have been PMed.

David

Snowwolflair

First batch in the post tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Snowwolflair

A quick note on fitting the Perspex windows.

when the laser cuts the perspex the walls are sloped.  They are cut to fit a painted window opening, so you can edge with black and then glue in the window with canopy clear adhesive.

NB the perspex has a plastic film to protect the surface from glue which can be picked off with tweezers.

Snowwolflair

Snowwolflair

Hi all, everyone who requested transfer sets in advance have had sets sent out.  I still have a few sets left so if anyone else wants a set now is the time to let me know.

thanks

David :)

Mustermark

Mine just arrived. Lovely job. Can't wait to get back to modeling and use them!
Thank you!

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Snowwolflair

I have been playing around with a scanner and a 3D printer with the objective of producing cab ends for a set of Glasgow Caledonian Blue Class 303 electric units.  I used to live next to their Hyndland depot.

Here is where I have got to.

This is an output file from a digital prober.

And this is the output from a 3D printer.  Note the step sizes are 0.01mm and the fringing effect is due to the printer and will be less at a higher resolution.

I have a set of draft vinyl side artworks from Adam Warr and hopefully I might persuade him to resurrect his Class 303 project. 

N.B. The ends can be printed in clear plastic

koyli55002

Looking good......the 303's wouldn't be my scene, but I think they may make a good starting point for a 124 Trans-Pennine ?

Snowwolflair

Here is a better version - slightly larger to match a Farish Mk1 coach body.  The printing lines can be removed with a fiberglass scratch pen.

StufromEGDL

Hi David;

I'd be very interested in these if Adam got his decals sorted for the Cass 303. However, my modelling scene would be later units without the wrap round windows (I know that I could fill these in) and the refurbished units with headlights and without the headcode box....any chance???

Later;
Stu from EGDL.
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Only Me on October 10, 2016, 08:52:47 AM
Quote from: Snowwolflair on October 09, 2016, 11:41:31 PM
Here is a better version - slightly larger to match a Farish Mk1 coach body.  The printing lines can be removed with a fiberglass scratch pen.

Morning David! That looks very very good.  Do you think if you changed the print orientation the lines would then be more easily removable if they appeared across the Y axis instead, so that they end up being horizontal?

Just a thought
Regards Paul

The orientation does not matter as the lines are circular, like the height line on an OS map.

The final versions will be printed at twice this resolution - at 50 micron -  but my resin is old and too thick to do this reliably.  At this point I am using the old resin for tests on the dimension so I can figure out the best coach bodies to use etc.

This print is at 50 micron and you can see the improvement in the lines but the print is less distinct with the old resin.  Mind you its the size of a thumb nail and the eye does not see most of what the camera sees.

koyli55002

Will you be putting these up for sale ?
Would definitely be in the running for a couple of sets....................

Snowwolflair

Adam Warr at Electra Graphics has already prepared a trial set of vinyls for a previous 303 project but could not source the cab ends.  Adam has been laid low but i'm hoping that if I can make the ends available he might resurrect the project at some point.

My plan is to make very good masters (no lines and smooth) from which I can create a mold for resin casting.  I am also experimenting with clear 3D printing resin to allow transparent windows, but they are harder to get the surface quality.

So yes they might very well be available, but a bit of work to do yet.

I want to build some Glasgow "Blue Trains"   :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations