Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

You seem to have more stock than Hattons ! :D

Best regards,

Joe

Bealman

Nice scenery in the background, there, Col. Hope it's on NGF!  ;D

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

mk1gtstu

I bought this off ebay the other day, my first ever class 45 Peak! :claphappy:
Its secondhand but is like new & runs smooth. As its an older China split chassis Farish model I'm thinking of taking the knife to it at some point & doing a bit of detailing  >:D

I'd like to fit lights to it as it doesn't have any, anybody else done this to theirs?  :hmmm:

cheers, Stu.  :)
My Box File Layout (South Wales Valleys Colliery) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=10430.0

Porthkerry (A South Wales layout in BR Blue) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39654.0

Abercwm Colliery (South Wales Area) https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47521.0

stevieboy

I bought this lot to celebrate my recent promotion:

16 for now, 3 more and I'll be happy. Just got to build all the loads now, one down......

Should keep a pair of Metals 37's busy (if they ever get made!)

daveg

Congrats on the promotion AND the bulk buy!  :claphappy:

Dave G

Skyline2uk

QuoteI bought this lot to celebrate my recent promotion:

16 for now, 3 more and I'll be happy. Just got to build all the loads now, one down......

I hope you have not drained the stock of the supplier I am looking at for these.... :P

Nah, only joking, congrats to you on both counts  :thumbsup:

Ref the Metals 37s, I have a Poole Era one, not long BR Lines serviced, if you don't want to wait.... >:D

Skyline2uk

stevieboy

Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 07, 2014, 08:55:38 PM
QuoteI bought this lot to celebrate my recent promotion:

I hope you have not drained the stock of the supplier I am looking at for these.... :P

Nah, only joking, congrats to you on both counts  :thumbsup:

Ref the Metals 37s, I have a Poole Era one, not long BR Lines serviced, if you don't want to wait.... >:D

Skyline2uk

There's plenty left! Good offers at the moment too.

I'm sure the re-tooled 37 will be along soon!

gc4946

Two Dapol Gresley teak carriages arrived in the post today, a BCK and TK.
They join my Dapol buffet car and two Minitrix corridor thirds with spindly truss rods to form a short set of Gresley corridor teak carriages, all based on preserved examples, but currently in varying states of repair.
This is my set if all of them were restored to their original condition, described from top to bottom (none of them have been re-numbered):

TK 1002 (SRPS, Bo'ness) (Minitrix)
TK 3291 (NYMR) (Minitrix)
Buffet car 641 (NYMR) (Dapol)
TK 23896 (NYMR) (Dapol)
BCK 24068 (Severn Valley) (Dapol)
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

gc4946

My plan is to run them as a preserved set as though I was running my own heritage railway, behind my first choice locos for the job, 70000 Britannia (Minitrix) or my recently-acquired J27 (Union Mills)

For other modellers, the prototypes could be seen running together between 1934-43, numbered as supplied RTR, on the LNER it could run behind any Gresley or any other suitable pre-group passenger loco, e.g. B12 or GC Director, and also on inter-company service behind a suitably-powered passenger loco of the late 30s such as a GWR Hall, LMS Jubilee or Black 5, or SR Lord Nelson, or Schools in Maunsell livery.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

johnlambert

Nice coaches gc4946.

I've got a Brake Third and Corridor Third and I'm thinking of buying another Brake Third to make a 3-coach set to go with my LNER Dapol B1.  They don't really go with 1960s Western Region but they look great together and remind me of a childhood friend's Hornby LNER loco and coaches which I admired.

daveg

Thanks for the loco info. I have a Hall that will possibly do.

Can someone please explain why Dapol have produced what seems to be 3, 3rd class, 1, 1st class and 3 breaks and no 2nd class coaches.

Can a realistic rake be put together with these?

Dave G

johnlambert

There was no second class at the time.  Something to do with railways being obliged to offer 'affordable third class fares'.  So they re-named what was second class as third class and gave customers the choice of first or third although ticket prices were the same as the old first and second classes with third class fairs and accommodation abolished.

Not sure what formations teak coaches would have run as but you'd expect there to be more third than first class coaches.  And it is possible that some inter-regional services would have seen teak coaches pulled by GWR locos.

daveg

Skyline2uk

I was going to post the same explanation but didn't want to appear foolish  :-[

The railway companies were quite naughty really, they were obliged to provide "Third Class" travel, so they did. The fact that no "Second Class" existed anymore didn't matter by the letter (if not spirit) of the law.

Even worse was the practice of (allegedly) deliberately letting third class get dirty, thus dirtying the clothes of those using them and "encouraging" them to pay the first class fare. This would hit the like of city clerks (who had to look smart but weren't actually paid that well) hardest.

Add to this the so called "Parliamentary trains" which offered all third class travel, but at absolutely useless times, and you realise that the hard-pressed rail commuter had long sice been under the cosh.

Sorry,  :offtopicsign:

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations