Dapol 2014/5 catalogue

Started by MinZaPint, March 19, 2014, 04:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD35

No sweat chief.  It's tucked away right in the bottom corner under some saucy looking 86s.

daveg

Re Maunsell coaches:

I'm thinking of getting a Maunsell green UM T9 and wondering should I pre order the Dapol Maunsell Set 450 Lined Green BR (2P-012-251) for it to haul.

Advice/thoughts appreciated.

Dave G

talisman56

Quote from: daveg on May 07, 2014, 08:14:55 AM
Re Maunsell coaches:

I'm thinking of getting a Maunsell green UM T9 and wondering should I pre order the Dapol Maunsell Set 450 Lined Green BR (2P-012-251) for it to haul.

Advice/thoughts appreciated.

Dave G

They didn't appear in BR Green with any sort of lining - presumably they mean SR Olive Green, in which case go for it. I have a UM SR Green Greyhound and will be looking for something for it to haul, apart from a couple of SR Green CCTs...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Karhedron

I suspect that would look very smart indeed. I like Dapol's sets and it was a good move to offer Maunsells in this format since the SR ran so much of its stock in semi-permenant sets.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

daveg

Cheers guys; I placed the order. Wonder when they will appear over the horizon?

Blown the budget totally by ordering the T9 as well by phone this afternoon. Colin Heard tells me it'll be on it's way tomorrow. My first UM loco!  :claphappy:

Got to start planning the house hunt proper so must stop buying and get on with the 'de-cluttering'. Ugh!

Dave G

bridgiesimon

Just frustrating that they are only releasing the Southern livery initially, will have to wait for the Br ones!

Best wishes
Simon

Karhedron

I agree. You would have thought that after the overload of Maroon Gresleys they would have learned their lesson. Produce the first batch in a range of liveries and then do reruns of the ones that sell best.
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

NeMo

Quote from: SD35 on March 26, 2014, 08:10:21 AM
It's tucked away right in the bottom corner under some saucy looking 86s.
Not that I need any more 86s... but what ones are these? Why are they saucy?

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

NJB

My catalogue came 'free' as a Dapol Collectors Club member, but is dated 2012/13.

It appears to have some of the newly announced items may be in it but I'm wondering if they have sent me the wrong catalogue.

There has been no response from Dapol, unsurprisingly. :doh:

I wonder if any one has experienced any benefits from membership of this Collectors club?
N J Bennett

Karhedron

Quote from: NJB on May 07, 2014, 09:29:31 PM
I wonder if any one has experienced any benefits from membership of this Collectors club?
The limited edition models are very nice if they happen to suit your period/location.

Newportnobby

Quote from: NJB on May 07, 2014, 09:29:31 PM

As one who is not a member of the Collector's Club, I would trade in one or two relatives for the weathered green class 22/milk tank set.
Trouble is, no one would want them ::)

Karhedron

Quote from: newportnobby on May 08, 2014, 01:18:55 AM
As one who is not a member of the Collector's Club, I would trade in one or two relatives for the weathered green class 22/milk tank set.
Well this is always an option.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121336704470&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_77wt_1147

However it would be a lot cheaper to just join the club and buy it from Dapol.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Karhedron on May 08, 2014, 03:17:12 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on May 08, 2014, 01:18:55 AM
Well this is always an option.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121336704470&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_77wt_1147

However it would be a lot cheaper to just join the club and buy it from Dapol.

Eek - thanks for the thought, but I reckon the relatives are safe (for the moment >:D)

NJB

Dr Joel Bright has acted, and is sending me an up to date brochure.

That's good service.. ;D
N J Bennett

talisman56

Quote from: Karhedron on May 07, 2014, 08:42:12 AM
I suspect that would look very smart indeed. I like Dapol's sets and it was a good move to offer Maunsells in this format since the SR ran so much of its stock in semi-permenant sets.

I've pre-ordered a Maunsell set too - just in time, it seems as Hattons are going to apply the Bachmann/Farish price increases on pre-orders at the weekend...

Have been perusing my reference books, and it seems that Dapol are producing a wider variety of Maunsell stock than is at first apparent.

1) The Maunsell set (number 450, BTK-CK-CK-BTK, vehicle numbers 4069-5161-5162-4070) is should be a low-window Restriction 1 (8' 6" body width) set.

2) From looking at the CADs of the other coaches I have seen, the Brake vehicle has inset luggage bay and guard's duckets, which makes it a Restriction 4 (9' 0" body width, 8' 7" at the luggage end) vehicle. If it is supposed to be a Brake Composite, then that rules out it matching the 'set' as there were never any R1 Brake Compos. I haven't seen the corridor side of the Brake so can't comment on whether it is a low- or high-window coach*.

3) The non-brake vehicles I have seen CADs for (Third and Composite) have both been for low-window versions, so hopefully the Brake is a low-window one so it matches the other 'loose' coaches being produced, and the non-brake vehicles are R4, to match the Brake...

I guess we will have to see some pictures of the actual items (EPs, any one?) before seeing exactly what is coming out, but if my idle speculation is correct then we will have a bit more to celebrate...

*By low-window and high-window I am referring to the windows on the corridor side of the coach, which in low-window vehicles are all the same height; in high-window coaches, the corridor windows are extended to cantrail level, whereas the door and pseudo-door windows are the conventional size. Coaches made before 1929 are low-window types, those 1929 and later were high-window.

PS: The old, old Farish 'general purpose' corridor vehicles are spitting images for Maunsell R1 high-window stock...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations