Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

Quote from: dannyboy on September 18, 2020, 08:08:19 PM
Quote from: class37025 on September 18, 2020, 08:02:09 PM

errr Alan ?

I knew when I said Chris that I meant Alan.  :-[

bless you my son, your transgression is forgiven  :smiley-laughing:

TrevL

Don't be so pedantic Brian :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

stevewalker

Quote from: themadhippy on September 16, 2020, 11:32:48 PM
QuoteI was bouncing back and forth between different adverts and managed to click on the wrong one that used an identical picture
if you bought them online then use the distance selling rules to send em back

The description was correct, it was just me not looking properly. Anyway, returning them was not an option, as I need the trailer tomorrow, so I've picked up replacement hubs that match the wheels and they are now fitted.

stevewalker

Well we're in isolation (for a few days at least). Our middle son has had a "cold" for a couple of days, but one Saturday/Sunday night was also feeling sick and running a temperature. This morning I booked a COVID-19 test for him and took him in the afternoon. Now we have to wait for the result.

Beautifully timed so as to prevent his older brother taking his mock A-levels starting on Monday - which may be vitally important if exams get cancelled again next Spring :(

On the good side, although we had to drive 45 minutes each way to a drive-through test centre (we could have attended a walk-though much closer to home, but didn't fancy the possibility of standing in line for some time with other people), we were dealt with immediately. There were also others being dealt with when we arrived and when we left, so although there were no queues, it looks like they are getting the appointment system right and it is working well.

daveg

Mixed blessings there.

Hope everyone stays healthy, Steve and exams go to plan.

Dave G

Bealman

Yes, fingers crossed that it's not covid, Steve.  :thumbsup:

And hi, Dave - long time no hear!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

stevewalker

A quick update. No news on the test result yet, but all of his year have been sent home today, as another child *has* tested positive and as Liam has been in contact with him, he'll have to stay home for a fortnight, regardless of his own test results. However, if his test is negative, myself, my wife and our other two sons can go out again

dannyboy

Hopefully the result will be a negative Steve. (Where's the 'fingers crossed' thingy?).  :)
David.

stevewalker

Still no test results 3 days from the test, despite numerous other parents having test results back the next day. Phoning 119, results in a message that they are too busy to chase test results and to just keep self-isolating (14 days for the household). Meanwhile my eldest son has been unable to take his A-level mocks (which could be vitally important if there is disruption to the real  A-levels next year) and four businesses have lost income because we have had to cancel my wife's hairdressing appointment, my birthday meal out, my son's birthday meal out and, if the results still aren't here tomorrow, a combined birthday/anniversary meal/drinks/overnight stay in the hotel where we had our wedding reception.

As the tests are barcoded and will be scanned before sending from the test site, when arriving at the lab and at various stages, I can't understand why they can't just make its status available online and avoid all the people calling to chase up delayed results.

Much more of this and  it'll be elevated to the Angry Thread!

dannyboy

Bit of a farce really, but Happy Birthday to you and your son and Happy Anniversary.  :beers:
David.

stevewalker

Thank you.

None of it matters that much, it's just the enforced, but likely unnecessary disruption to plans that is so irritating - and knowing that others are not having to wait so long.

stevewalker

Wahay  :claphappy: Liam's test result arrived just before 8pm and is negative, so although he has to stay in for the rest of the 14 days (as he has been in contact with a confirmed case), the rest of us are released. James and Darragh are back to school tomorrow (just what they wanted - not) and Tric and I's birthday/anniversary meal/drinks/overnight stay in the hotel is still on. The bar shutting at 10pm is not good, but we'll cope  :D

Newportnobby

Great news, Steve.

Quote from: stevewalker on September 23, 2020, 10:48:14 PM
Tric and I's birthday/anniversary meal/drinks/overnight stay in the hotel is still on. The bar shutting at 10pm is not good, but we'll cope  :D

I guess you'll have to find something else to do after the bar closes. Maybe take a board game with you..................or not ;)

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 24, 2020, 09:29:47 AM
I guess you'll have to find something else to do after the bar closes. Maybe take a board game with you..................or not ;)

You could always take a wagon kit with you and, as it is your anniversary do, Tric could help you ............   ;)
David.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations