The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Well the boiler is humming again and a detailed invoice (our bloke is a clever chap who spares no technical detail) will now be presented to the Energy company.

I fully intend to get my £90 back!

Quote from: Malc on October 30, 2019, 09:06:43 AM
I won't have a smart meter until they stop rolling out the Mk1s. They don't always work if you swap suppliers. Mk2s do.

Yes I was taking this view as well, relented (now regret) because was offered a very cheap deal.

I am told software upgrades to Mk1s are now possible meaning they can switch suppliers.

We shall see if I have to!

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

I had smart meters fitted when they were first offered. Don't know why. Perhaps I was a bit lonely that day and wanted someone to talk to :hmmm:
Gas one was duff and registered no gas usage for the 1st year. They didn't note that and I only found out when I got their annual bill so I had a years gas for free (that was 4 years ago)
:D

Skyline2uk

So here is my final update for the time being (won't keep bothering the thread!):

Energy company are holding on to anonymity, just, as they have committed to a resolution by 06/11/2019. If they sort it I won't "name and shame".

They are currently going off to have a word with the sub-contractor who did the damage.

Overall the complaint process was ok, but...

Some gripes:

1) Phone the "complaints" line to get a robot who asks me to tell him my account number, doesn't understand and then after I type it in finds my account based on my phone number  ???

2) Said robot then lists off some options, none of which are relevant.

3) Try a different number, negotiate the same robot (must be on overtime) and finally get a human.

Human takes details, promises to pass on complaint to "field resolution team", and call me back (sigh).

Human calls me back, tick.

Human passes me in to field resolution human who mercifully has a better phone line, who confirms details and requests invoice from my engineer.

During conversation makes a frankly bizarre statement:

"Of course switches are like light bulbs, they can go at any time"

Erm

No they can't! Besides, this one was broken in half, so let's get that loophole avoided right now...

Anyway, I have some hope they are taking this sort of seriously...

Skyline2uk

Malc

I hate those automated answer systems. I found that if you press an option that isn't offered, or don't press anything at all, it often defaults to a human.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

emjaybee

Quote from: Malc on October 31, 2019, 12:01:30 AM
I hate those automated answer systems. I found that if you press an option that isn't offered, or don't press anything at all, it often defaults to a human.

They used to, unfortunately the manufacturers realised that the smart 'public' were bypassing the system by just going silent and a lot of them now if you don't press a valid answer within a certain timeframe just cut you off.

:veryangry:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bealman

"Switches are like light bulbs, they can go at anytime"

What a crock of  :poop:

Just like you and me then  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: emjaybee on October 31, 2019, 12:33:35 AM
Quote from: Malc on October 31, 2019, 12:01:30 AM

They used to, unfortunately the manufacturers realised that the smart 'public' were bypassing the system by just going silent and a lot of them now if you don't press a valid answer within a certain timeframe just cut you off.

:veryangry:

I find a lot of the time the 'thing' says "I'm sorry. I didn't catch that" and gives you all the bloody options again :doh:

Skyline2uk

Mick, that's exactly what this one did, but then added "or alternatively use your keypad".

Why that wasn't the first option I will never know.

Skyline2uk

woodbury22uk

The postman just delivered a letter from my bank. It said a cheque I paid yesterday could not be honoured because the Payee name did not match the name of my account. The irony is that the salutation in the letter used exactly the Payee name on the cheque, although not the account name.

Full marks for sending the letter quickly but the human who was involved in the process somewhere wasn't paying attention.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

guest311

about what you'd expect from bankers  >:(

TrevL

Quote from: class37025 on October 31, 2019, 03:22:29 PM

Is that cockney rhyming slang?  ;)
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

emjaybee

A few years back my wife and I were having trouble reconciling our respective business accounts. Eventually we discovered that I'd accidentally paid in one of my wife's business cheques into my business account. There's absolutely no common words between our company names and the transaction was done at a Barclays bank over the counter.

I think they sometimes struggle with due diligence.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Skyline2uk

I seem to be on this thread a lot atm...

But just to add to the names on cheques debate; post wedding my wife and I have the exact same initials.

Makes it easy for people to make out cheques to the joint account  ;D

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Quote from: Skyline2uk on October 31, 2019, 03:59:17 PM
I seem to be on this thread a lot atm...

But just to add to the names on cheques debate; post wedding my with and I have the exact same initials.

Makes it easy for people to make out cheques to the joint account  ;D

Skyline2uk

You married a 'with'?!!??!!
What's it like - nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more?

guest311

Quote from: TrevL on October 31, 2019, 03:38:14 PM
Quote from: class37025 on October 31, 2019, 03:22:29 PM

Is that cockney rhyming slang?  ;)

yes, last time I got put on report, even though I used *****

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP