The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Q

Sadly hit and runs are common on the Norfolk Broads as well. Many tourists seem to think because they have paid for insurance to cover accidents in the hire boats, they can just drive off.
What they don't realise is if they are drunk in charge or as is the case recently a case of "boat" rage causing deliberate damage, they are not covered.

Newportnobby

On ITV4 I have frequently been confronted by adverts for the RSPCA or various other animal charities showing some fairly graphic footage of abused animals, particualrly dogs and donkeys. These now seem to be migrating to Channel 4 (seen during today's coverage of the F1) and they are broadcast with no warning whatsoever. Now, I find them quite upsetting but what about the effect this could have on kids? I dread to think.
Sorry, but I find this completely irresponsible broadcasting.
Rant over

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lindi on July 08, 2018, 04:48:27 PM

It must be successful getting more donations or they wouldn't do. I get letters through the post showing the same graphic details.

I hope they are successful, and have no issue with them being broadcast.

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 08, 2018, 04:31:38 PM
they are broadcast with no warning whatsoever.

This was the main point of my post.

Caz

I've got 89 points on Claywell and 81 of them are fitted with Seeps, 2 with Peco above board motors and just 6 with the Peco below board motors and I've just had the 3rd Peco fail out of the 6! 

Not one of the Seeps has failed just the  :censored: Peco ones and as usual always happen when you have visitors.  Regrettably where the Peco ones are fitted I have no choice but to fit the Peco clip on under point type otherwise I'd change them for Seeps.   :veryangry:   :veryangry:    :veryangry:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Trainboy03

I just want to take the corridors off of my Maunsell coaches and NOBODY can accept that I like the wide windows on one side and regular design, just without the gangways

TrevL

Quote from: Trainboy03 on July 12, 2018, 11:24:54 PM
I just want to take the corridors off of my Maunsell coaches and NOBODY can accept that I like the wide windows on one side and regular design, just without the gangways

I think this is a case of "RULE ONE APPLIES"  It's your railway, run what YOU want.
Remind "Nobody" of that fact.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

daffy

Quote from: Trainboy03 on July 12, 2018, 11:24:54 PM

To quote the Cambridge Dictionary:

"nobody
noun [ C ] UK ​  /ˈnəʊ.bə.di/ /ˈnəʊ.bɒd.i/ US ​  /ˈnoʊ.bɑː.di/

someone who is not important"

It follows therefore that those nobodies who decry your desire have no say in the matter, and as the immortal Bard did say:

"To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man"

Or, in short, to hell with what others think!
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

TrevL

Just learned today from my son (33) that he has lost buying the first rung on the property ladder.  The reason, his fiancee/long term partner doesn't have photo ID. 
They were buying the house together, but, because she doesn't have a driving license (doesn't drive) nor a passport (has never been abroad), apparently they can't get a joint mortgage, and because of house prices these days, his wage is not enough, and this is for a modest 2 bedroom terraced. Their "financial advisor" said that a birth certificate is no good any more for identification purposes, something to do with "money laundering". 
WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO? ???
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

dannyboy

Now that is just ridiculous! You would have thought that if the lady could prove she was who she said she was, that would be enough. Having said that, when Louisa and I first moved to Ireland, we opened a joint bank account - in my name and her maiden name, (cos that was all she could prove!). When we married a few years ago, I enquired of the bank how we got her name changed on the account. I was told to bring the wedding certificate to the branch together with ............ photographic proof of her maiden name! (She still has her passport showing her maiden name). We still have not got round to it as she is working when the bank is open!  >:(
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

thebrighton

Quote from: TrevL on August 23, 2018, 09:21:41 PM
Just learned today from my son (33) that he has lost buying the first rung on the property ladder.  The reason, his fiancee/long term partner doesn't have photo ID.   

I've a driving license but it's still the old paper one (yes, it's still allowed) and no passport as I have never felt the need to go abroad and wasn't even allowed to collect a parcel from the localish UPS pick up point. Credit cards, utility bills etc weren't sufficient so I had to have it redelivered where I then had to sign for it!
If you can't even pick up a parcel there's no chance of you borrowing money.

themadhippy

Quotedoesn't have photo ID. 
Ive said it before,an i'll repeat it hear,the uk passport has become the ID card by stealth,need to prove you can legally live in the uk? need to prove you can legally work  in the uk? need to prove your entitled to free treatment on the nhs? guess what is the only acceptable form of proof for  the vast majority of  people born and raised in the uk?
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Lawrence

Quote from: TrevL on August 23, 2018, 09:21:41 PM
They were buying the house together, but, because she doesn't have a driving license (doesn't drive) nor a passport (has never been abroad), apparently they can't get a joint mortgage, and because of house prices these days, his wage is not enough, and this is for a modest 2 bedroom terraced. Their "financial advisor" said that a birth certificate is no good any more for identification purposes, something to do with "money laundering". 

I'd tell him to get a new financial adviser.

Bob Tidbury

We got our mortgage from Nationwide and we didn't have a passport in fact I didn't have one untill four years ago .
Bob Tidbury

Malc

One of my colleagues went to the Nationwide to draw some money out and was asked for ID. As a joke, a few years before, some of the lads joined the Dennis the Menace fan club so he produced his membership photo I.D. It was accepted.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations