timeless classic

Started by matt-b, November 01, 2011, 09:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt-b

what model can i buy now, sort it then get it out and sell it in 15/20 years for more then double what i brought it for...

matt
:NGaugeForum:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: matt-b on November 01, 2011, 09:52:49 PM
what model can i buy now, sort it then get it out and sell it in 15/20 years for more then double what i brought it for...

matt

At current inflation rates - most of them 8)

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Tank

If it was that easy then we'd all be doing it!  LOL

longbridge

If you intend doing something like that may I suggest that you don't run them, chances are they will conk out well and truly before that ;D ;D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Sithlord75

Peco Jubilee - but your question is 30 years late!
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

Newportnobby

Quote from: matt-b on November 01, 2011, 09:52:49 PM

matt

I would suggest either hen's teeth or rocking horse poo ;D

Sithlord75

Second guess - Dapol Pullman 73 which seem to always go for very silly money on eBay.  No, I am not planning on selling mine!
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

SD35

Possibly the RTC liveried 97201 if there are any left.

With a big bag of hindsight, a Strathclyde PTE 101.

StufromEGDL

Hi Guys;

Got rid of the Pullman 73s that I had at various times, all for a profit I think.  Not profiteering really but just decided that they weren't for me.

The Dapol 'powered' Royal 67 seems to command a high resale price.

Similarly, the good price enjoyed by Strathclyde 101s (I have 3) in recent years seems to have receded a little after the Farish 101 re-tool became a reality.  Similarly, the white/blue 101 and the Porterbrook Deltic crashed when ex Farish bodies flooded the market.

Still rare to see but not going for a great price these days are the Farish Railfreight 20215...and the mythical (?) pre-Production 20137 as was on the advertising blurb.

LT Metropolitan Tanks crop up regularly.

Early production VT 47814 (before renumber to 47747)...rare-ish but not too valuable!!

Other mythical locos....Railfreight original Class 47...dropped before release.  I have seen 2 and own 1.  A railfreight metals TTG 37507, not released due to headcode errors....

Not forgetting the Euro* 4 car add-on sets.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head that can be construed as accruing value!!

Later;
STU from EGDL

A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

poliss

Model railways make a very poor investment. Most of my collection was bought from Ebay at a tiny fraction of the original price. You should have bought gold five years ago.  ;)

fisherman

any decent  Lyddle end  cottages!!!!
<o({{{<<

point blank

Quote from: SD35 on November 02, 2011, 08:14:00 AM

With a big bag of hindsight, a Strathclyde PTE 101.

That's a good result for me then as I've got 2 of those in mint boxed condition, don't want to sell them though. :beers:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: fisherman on November 02, 2011, 03:37:16 PM
any decent  Lyddle end  cottages!!!!

Lyddle End bits based on the NYMR buildings also seem to go for silly money because although not branded as such they are of course Harry Pothead stuff.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Kipper

And don't forget to keep the original boxes. I sold a load of old Dinky toys from the 50's but, as I had thrown away the boxes within seconds of getting the toys, I only got a fraction of what I could have got.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations