New Dapol Class 26 with short circuit heads up

Started by N_GaugeModeller, July 16, 2020, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N_GaugeModeller

Hi all

Just a quick heads up

Just bought 2 new Dapol locos, a class 26 and a Class 33, both new stock that take Next18 decoders, also bought 2 Zimo Next18 decoders to fit.

The 33 was fine but when I put the 26 on the programming track DecoderPro said their was a short, tried another Zimo decoder and gotvghe ssme result,, it ran fine on DC.

I tried a Gaugemster Decoder and ghat was fine, as were the 2 Zimo's when i tried them on my decoder tester.

It turns out when the decoder is correctly fitted the components on the bottom come in contact with some of the components on the locos PCB.

A bit of Kapon tape under the decoder was all that was needed.

Just a heads up in case anyone else gets one that does this, probably just one of the components mounted a little high but no big issue once I figured out the problem.

NGM
There may be spelling and grammatical errors in my posts, I am Dyslexic so just think yourself lucky you can actually read what I have written.

I am also in the early stages of Alzheimer's and Vascular dementia so sometimes struggle with basic communication.

You don't need to point out my errors.  Thanks

Graham

thanks for the heads up, i must admit i have taken to putting Kapton tape under all the PCB's as i install the decoders just to make sure.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £25.67
Below Goal: £74.33
Site Currency: GBP
26% 
May Donations