Hornby N Gauge

Started by Claude Dreyfus, December 04, 2014, 09:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

[rant]Despite the "era of growth" there are still a load of models needed for the Southern, apart from Union Mills there is very little for pre WW2 SR modellers, no 4-6-0s - no King Arthurs, no Lord Nelsons, no H15, no S15, no Moguls (one announced, also Schools announced) UM do one 4-4-0 (out of at least 16 classes) and 2 0-6-0s, Dapol do two tank locos , M7 and Terrier out of dozens of classes. Up to now the only SR locos the likes of Dapol and Farish recognise are Spam cans and a Q1. Even the kit market isn't that briliant, what kits there are either need an expensive German Chassis, (Langley S15) or are intended to fit on a way inaccurate chassis (BHE N15) The Langley E2 & E5 worked in a fairly limited area, the Peco/Wills B4 dock tank is long out of production.

So they turn round and say well nobody models the SR, to which the obvious answer is cos nobody makes stock for the SR. Catch 22 ennit?

Without a few more RTR locos the number of modellers taking up the SR in N gauge will remain low; if we are talking named train sets, how about a pre WW2 Golden Arrow,  Atlantic coast Express,  or Bournemouth Belle with a Nelson and/or a King Arthur with the loco also available as a separate item. [/rant]
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

CarriageShed

*cheers rant and agrees with every word*

I was very, very lucky to find a Peco/Wills 0-4-0 B4 via eBay, although it needs a bit of a paint job. It gets very irritating when steamer release after release is mostly early BR, or mid-to-late 1930s, and therefore too late for realistic operation.

red_death

If you can find something which will sell a minimum of 1000 units then you can make it happen...but it won't be easy!

Cheers, Mike

Chatty

Quote from: red_death on December 11, 2014, 11:34:42 PM
If you can find something which will sell a minimum of 1000 units then you can make it happen...but it won't be easy!

Cheers, Mike

Exactly, well said.
Have you hugged your locomotive today.

ScottyStitch

Quote from: red_death on December 11, 2014, 02:26:52 PM
Realistically I would be more than happy with one Hornby release per year.

Cheers, Mike

I agree with this wholeheartedly. If Hornby could announce an item in January and have it shipped by december......

Paddy

Agreed.  That would be excellent - like the old Dapol saying of "delivering on our promises".

Merry Christmas

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Ben A

Hi all,

It's just dawned on me that the Nurenberg show is early next year - I imagine Arnold will make any announcements there, as they're probably used to doing it that way.

Cheers

Ben A.

PLD

Quote from: Ben A on December 13, 2014, 06:21:54 PM
It's just dawned on me that the Nurenberg show is early next year - I imagine Arnold will make any announcements there, as they're probably used to doing it that way.
Makes sense.... wasn't it at Nurenberg 2013 they officially confirmed they were doing the Brighton Belle?

bridgiesimon

QuoteMakes sense.... wasn't it at Nurenberg 2013 they officially confirmed they were doing the Brighton Belle?

Yeah, after it was accidently leaked early if I remember correctly.

best wishes
Simon

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations