Do I get a Blue Peter badge!?

Started by Tdm, December 08, 2014, 07:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

I am not particularly good at making things (as I haven't got the patience and my eyesight is not what it was), but I am quite adept at thinking of ways to use things you normally throw away, especially on my railway layout.

Posted below are just 10 of the things I have made from left over bits & pieces in the last 12 months. O.K. they are a bit rough & ready but they look all right on the layout - better than they appear in the enclosed pictures (the camera does lie!). The pictures feature :-

#Chimney from the cardboard on the inside of a kitchen roll
#Tunnel from pieces of cork and odds & ends
#Oil refinery storage tanks from un-needed car tappet buckets
#Walls and bridges from the form padding found in n gauge locomotive boxes
#Flag pole from a chinese chopstick
#Troughs from dedo trunking
#Columns from wood dowels
#Logs of wood on flat top also from wood dowels
#Station name boards from un-needed Peco side point motor raisers
#Industrial towers from spare expanding metal rawplugs

Do you think I might be in line for a Blue Peter badge for innovative model construction, or am I too old and should I stick to the day job?.

Komata

Tdm

No, no Blue Peter Badge I'm afraid, but you DO get the applause and plaudits of your fellow modeller's.  Well done Sir.
"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

Newportnobby

Dunno about the badge but can you help me out with 'dedo trunking'.
What the heck is that? :dunce:

RHEINGOLD

No,......close but no Blue Peter Badge I'm afraid. :no:
To even be considered for one of the coveted badges the project has to include using" stickleback plastic" in its construction.
Better luck next time.
Regards,
Rheingold.
Rheingold

Geoff

You could make yourself a blue peter badge with the skills you have  :NGaugersRule:
Geoff

Tdm

Quote from: newportnobby on December 08, 2014, 07:46:30 PM

Dear me - I thought everyone had some dedo trunking in their home - it's what covers your electrical wires and can be bought at any DIY shop or ironmongers. It has a sticky back for sticking to the wall, then you put your wires in, then you put the snap on cover on.
Whenever you want to get at the wires again you just pull back the snap on cover - simples.
Comes in various sizes according to how many wires you want to fit in, and one size is perfect for fitting n gauge track in. 

Roy L S

Well here's my "Blue Peter" anyway...

[smg id=19347]

joe cassidy

RHEINGOLD

Rheingold

Bealman

I was all ready to award one, on the basis of creative recycling, but unfortunately could not because of safety concerns... the bogie bolster wagon carrying the dowels has become derailed  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Where is the obligatory loo roll used? No double-sided sticky tape? :hmmm:

Tdm

Quote from: railsquid on December 08, 2014, 10:56:29 PM
Where is the obligatory loo roll used? No double-sided sticky tape? :hmmm:

Do you really want me to tell you what I use a loo role for!?
As regards double-sided sticky tape - I use it underneath the baseboard to hold the wiring in place.
Currently wondering what I can use discarded banana skins for, as we have lots of bananas in Tenerife.  8)

javlinfaw7

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tdm on December 08, 2014, 07:59:14 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on December 08, 2014, 07:46:30 PM

Dear me - I thought everyone had some dedo trunking in their home - it's what covers your electrical wires and can be bought at any DIY shop or ironmongers.

Thanks, Terry.
Oddly, I have a full length of the stuff in my garage - just didn't know it was called dedo :-[

Bealman

That truck's wheels are still off the track  :D ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations