buy nothing month!!!

Started by bluedepot, February 27, 2013, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

after some serious over spending I am declaring march my 'buy nothing month'!

I must not even look at eBay or other model shops online and I will only be reading old magazines or books. no take away food or buying coffee at work! no going out anywhere unless its free!!

fiscal discipline and will power are called for!!!!

Tim

Newportnobby

Quote from: bluedepot on February 27, 2013, 09:37:05 PM

Tim

You're doomed, Mr. Mainwaring, you're doomed :-X
Hope you haven't got anything on pre order that may arrive in March :doh:

EtchedPixels

I almost managed it this month, I was foiled by the WMSR pre-order from about three years ago and a chance to buy a a 2fs converted class 26 :D.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

swisstony

I would have managed it bar the
Two Turbo Stars, one class 66, one class 90 and various other parts DOH!!

Oldman

I must not even look at eBay or other model shops online and I will only be reading old magazines or books. no take away food or buying coffee at work! no going out anywhere unless its free!!

Tim

Does this mean you will be concentrating on something we will see the results of at the end of the month. No cream eggs etc for easter then :angel: :laugh3:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

swisstony

Quote from: Oldman on February 27, 2013, 10:35:42 PM

Tim

Does this mean you will be concentrating on something we will see the results of at the end of the month. No cream eggs etc for easter then :angel: :laugh3:

Ill take one of the first Whickams!! Please EP :D

MJKERR

I didn't buy anything in 2012
I decided to sit back and have a break

AndyGif

the Mrs doesn't want me to play this game...
apparently i still have to pay for the groceries, put petrol in the car etc.... :(

weave

Hi Tim,

Been trying to do the same in Feb. Valentine's day, girlfriend's 50 th birthday, vet's bills etc has taken it's toll but hard not to go to ebay and think I want that, I want that!

With regards to March, mother's and neice's birthdays coming up and when they're over I'm going to invest any money left at the Cheltenham races and put my St. Patrick's day Guinness on a tab.

Think I need help!

Good luck  :beers:

1936ace

ive looked at hattons and rails but cant find "nothing" in any of their sections. Do you have a part number. :wave:

bart

Jerry Howlett

:laughabovepost:

Mrs "H" is very interested in sponsoring this topic but then I do have a birthday at the end of it......
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Sprintex

Quote from: 1936ace on February 28, 2013, 08:48:33 AM
ive looked at hattons and rails but cant find "nothing" in any of their sections. Do you have a part number. :wave:

bart

Yes, the part you need is BU-66ER-4LL ;)

Paul

Greybeema

I do have the Brighton Belle on pre-order but lets face thats not going to arrive imminently. 

With Sterling falling like a stone against the Euro - I'll be sticking an order for track & points into Hattons today or tomorrow as (for me at least) it creates a bit of a discount...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Dock Shunter

Quote from: Sprintex on February 28, 2013, 09:15:30 AM

bart

Paul

:laughabovepost: :thumbsup:

Very Good Paul...... :thumbsup:

AndyGif

Quote from: Sprintex on February 28, 2013, 09:15:30 AM

bart

Paul

You either cant see it listed because its been discontinued or  its currently out of stock
It's very hard to find a shop that is still open that has Nothing in stock.
It's not a very popular stock item with shops, as once there is Nothing on the shelves the customers stop asking for Something and the shop quickly goes into negative profit after week or two.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations