Alternative West Country and Friends

Started by weave, October 16, 2018, 12:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milton Rail

If wee Nicola has her way, Scottish produce will flow into Europe unabated :)

I just need to know where to send one to (in this thing they call the real world) if you want to PM an address to me  :) 
Thanks for looking - Andrew

My attempt at a box layout - Bogindollo

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50114.msg652980#new

Chris in Prague

Quote from: weave on March 23, 2019, 05:32:10 PM
I wasn't mentioned for possible destinations  :(. Is it a Brexit thing?

Seriously Andrew, if they could have come over on the train ferry I'm up for one but no worries if there are not enough or it would be ludicrous coming to France.

Just topped up my Calvados with a small tear  ;)

Cheers weave  :beers:

Sorry, Chris (Weave) they are SWB vans so most unsuitable for Ferry traffic. A Continental LWB van could be reliveried though? I imagine Andrew may well ahve a few suitable generic ones?

Chris in Prague

The flourishing North Cornwall Pasty Co., Penmayne, has a subsidiary, Cornish Fancies, which produces a popular selection of traditional cakes and pastries, including Saffron Buns. Cornish Fancies was founded by Lucy Kennally (who will feature in a coming story).

weave

Hi all,

It's been a while for anyone on here. I hope people still find it useful. I do as I can't remember my own people. In the recent Sant Pau de Mar stories I nearly had Aina getting it on with Nicolau until I checked and saw and then remembered that they were brother and sister  :doh:. This aint Game of Thrones  :no:  :D.

Anyway, have added a few more characters to my Sant Pau de Mar layout on here after the recent stories so just thought that if anyone wants to add or edit any for theirs please let me know here.

The whole first post still needs a bit of a tidy up and speaking of tidy ups, @Chris in Prague  and Andrew ( @Milton Rail ), if you don't need those posts that are on here could you please delete them to avoid clutter. I sound like my late mother but you know what I mean  :) Obviously, if they are important or I haven't addressed them, transferring names etc. please let me know.

Thanks chaps,

Chris in Prague

Good morning, Chris (Weave)

Thanks for the updates. Actually, rather than reduce my entries, I should add some characters either already mentioned or soon to be! There's a lot of people in the West Country, you know. 8-)

Just be sure, it is Catalia with an 'i'?

It is difficult to keep track of who is who, I know and the correct spelling of Continental names.

weave

Hi Chris,

What I mean is deleting posts that I have transferred the names from to the main one at the beginning and any others that are not that relevant anyway to avoid clutter. Hope makes sense.

It is Catala (there is no I), that was a typo on my part the other day.

port perran

Hi Chris (W)
I'll send a list of new people in a few days for you.
I'm trying to keep the newcomers down sousing oldies in my new story where I can.

Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

weave

Hi Martin and the crew,

You don't have to keep the newcomers down if you think that's what I mean by clutter. The more people the merrier, 200 characters if you want, but when I've transferred them to the first post I'll let whoever has posted know that they've been transferred and then when that person reads my post, they can delete theirs and then I'll delete mine. Otherwise we'll be on page 10 and I'll have completely lost track.

Hope that makes sense. Might of got the wrong end of the stick, Martin, why you are keeping your newcomers down but the above bit is to clarify 'the clutter' I'm talking about.

njee20

I have to say that dipping into this thread is the most surreal experience, but you all seem to know what's going on!

port perran

Quote from: njee20 on July 23, 2019, 05:03:03 PM
I have to say that dipping into this thread is the most surreal experience, but you all seem to know what's going on!
Do we ?

port perran

Quote from: weave on July 23, 2019, 04:54:58 PM
Hi Martin and the crew,

You don't have to keep the newcomers down if you think that's what I mean by clutter. The more people the merrier, 200 characters if you want, but when I've transferred them to the first post I'll let whoever has posted know that they've been transferred and then when that person reads my post, they can delete theirs and then I'll delete mine. Otherwise we'll be on page 10 and I'll have completely lost track.

Hope that makes sense. Might of got the wrong end of the stick, Martin, why you are keeping your newcomers down but the above bit is to clarify 'the clutter' I'm talking about.

No worries Weave , it's the afternoon Theakston's that's causing the problem. That and a day sitting fishing in the sun - probably affecting my head.
No, only reason I want to keep the characters down is that I have trouble keeping up with them all.
There will be more to come though.
Cheers
Martin

Milton Rail

Hi Chris (W) .... I find this thread really useful, if only to get the correct spellings of those west country surnames  :)
Thanks for looking - Andrew

My attempt at a box layout - Bogindollo

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50114.msg652980#new

Chris in Prague

A new addition, Cant Cove's stationmaster, Keneder Treskerby (RN, retired). He was a Commander.

An overlooked addition, young Lizzy in the Wadebridge Station Refreshment Room, the girlfriend of young fireman Davie Thomas. [Ill leave Martin to give her her surname. 8-) ]

weave

Chris in Prague

Quote from: weave on August 09, 2019, 08:46:25 AM
Hi Chris (IP).

All done.

Many thanks, Chris (Weave). I had almost forgotten about Lizzie. (Named after my Master's thesis advisor!)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations