Farish Spring 2024 Announcements

Started by Carmont, February 07, 2024, 10:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven B

It's interesting to see that the early BR unicycling lion is missing from the list of liveries the Twins are being released in. I wonder if these will follow in the summer or will they be a collectors club/retailers special?

I'm gobsmacked that the Mk3s using Poole era tooling (30 yrs?) have a RRP just £2.05 less than the batch of Dapol Mk3s due later this year.

The return of the HEA (and the PGA in the class 60 train set) suggests Farish have little interest in updating either of them, perhaps leaving the door open for Dapol, Revolution, Sonic or Rapido to give us an improved version.

Steven B

emjaybee

Also on the list are Class 44, 45, 46.

Is this an overlap with Rapido's plan, or am I overlooking something?
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Carmont

Quote from: emjaybee on February 07, 2024, 01:34:28 PMAlso on the list are Class 44, 45, 46.

What list are they on?

Do you mean the OO announcements?

emjaybee

Quote from: Carmont on February 07, 2024, 01:38:37 PM
Quote from: emjaybee on February 07, 2024, 01:34:28 PMAlso on the list are Class 44, 45, 46.

What list are they on?

Do you mean the OO announcements?

Oops!

Hadn't realised the lists were intertwined.

As you were.

:-[
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Shropshire Lad

I was surprised that they weren't on the N gauge list to be honest, they're very teritorial in 00 gauge so I've been expecting a response to Rapido progressing with theirs.
Cheers Colin

Portpatrick

Not likely to buy from this list.  I have as many coaches as I need (note "need" rather than "might like"!).  As for the Twins.  I bought a resin body version a few years ago .  Completed it as 10001 without a yellow panel.  Applying the transfers for the stripes was a nightmare.  Got through a load of transfers - they kept breaking.  Cannot really justify buying another!  But.......

Carmont

100001 with a Diesel Brake Tender at Willesden 1965

10001 by Hugh Llewelyn, on Flickr

100001 with an engineers' crane train at Kenton, 1964

10001 by Trainiac, on Flickr

10001 at Waterloo, 1953

New Faces by Kevin Lane, on Flickr

10000 at Camden Bank, 1962.  It looks like a Type 2 providing assistant. Class 25?

LMS 10000 Camden Bank Jun 1962 by Alan Wheeler Collection, on Flickr

10000 at Bournemouth Central, 1953

10000_BournemouthBelle_BournemouthCent_12-7-53 by Robert Carroll, on Flickr

Newportnobby

Great pics - thank you.
Farish have spared their own blushes as at least now there is a Farish item on my pre order list. :)
I might just plump for a Dance Hall brake van but we'll see :hmmm:
I dare say @Bob G has ordered maybe 3 or 4 of the diseasels - a couple of black/silver and a couple of plain green :D

Bob G

One black 10001 diesel as this is in the livery it ran on the SR in 1952-55. It only turned green and got red stripes and new totem when it went back to Willesden in 1956.

It can run alongside my 10201 1Co-Co1 and my Wonder engine 10800.

Two Dance Halls. One grey, one olive. Note both grey ones are Hither Green brakes, but one Olive one is Eastleigh, the other Hither Green.

Bob

pinball

Wonder how far I can stretch reality and have at least one of these locos on a preserved charter train based in the 80s / 90s out west... Very tempting.

jamespetts

The Mk. 3 sleepers are an odd choice - these are the old versions based on Poole era toolings from what I can see, and are likely to be significantly inferior to the Dapol equivalents.
Peertube > Youtube

gc4946

The Ivatt Diesel Re-creation Society are recreating LMS 10000 using a class 58 frame, EM2 bogies and an original 1947 Mk1 16SVT English Electric engine with very low hours, previously used as a standby power generator with the Ministry of Defence. It'll be dual braked and heated.

https://lms10000.co.uk/engineering-overview

Another possibility to own one on a preservation layout setup.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

fguy

I don't need one, but ...
372-918SF LMS 10001 BR Green (Small Yellow Panels) - DCC Sound pre ordered  :D

Ensign Elliott

I'm very pleased to see a new tooled loco and wagon on this quarters' announcements, despite neither of them being in my era or region. Having had the sound fitted 47s three months ago, and no doubt more announcements in another three months time, I really think the "N Gauge is failing" moaners are talking nonsense. We've never had so many great manufacturers producing such a range of quality, detailed N Gauge models.

gc4946

Quote from: jamespetts on February 07, 2024, 04:00:07 PMThe Mk. 3 sleepers are an odd choice - these are the old versions based on Poole era toolings from what I can see, and are likely to be significantly inferior to the Dapol equivalents.

The main advantage of using the older versions are that the distinctive window layout on the Mk3b BFO/BSO (only 3 ever built) can be reproduced by printing on the clear bodyshells
https://coaches-library.weebly.com/mk3b---bfo--bso.html
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations