Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

texhorse

Hi all, well the Algoma SD40-2 has now been repainted, and I think it came out quite well.  I may still add some little decals with warning stickers and things on, but generally the loco is finished.

Here's some before and after photos.  Note the slight differences between the original colours on GP15 #114 and the new colours on SD40-2 #182.

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

scotsoft

Hi Andy,

Is there a reason why you did not paint the footplate area orange like the other loco  :hmmm:

I do like your livery for the Montrose and Highland, good and bright  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

texhorse

Hi John

I decided that on a real loco, travelling across the States, the orange probably wouldn't be very hard wearing.  114 tends to stay in either Ohio or Indiana, so it doesn't put in the mileage; whereas 182 is a main line locomotive and can end up anywhere from Ohio to Utah!  (The MHRR runs from Ohio to Colorado, but MHRR locos regularly make it through to Salt Lake City)!

I'm after a second SD40-2 now, as I enjoyed painting this one so much.

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Bealman

Very nice paint job, Andy. Way beyond my ability to achieve, to be sure.  :thumbsup:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Geoff

Just bought this from Hattons and I thought it was a steal at £42.

Geoff

daveg

Thanks Geoff

Just ordered one - excellent price.

Dave G

gc4946

Wakefield show, as usual, was pretty good, and I spent a fair amount of money on stock:

Four second hand wagons of continental design from top to bottom:
Open stake wagon with removable tarpaulin (Arnold);
4-wheel grey tank, Eva markings (Roco);
Bogie tanker, white with orange stripe and Etra markings (Minitrix);
Short 4-wheel covered van (Fleischmann)

A Northern 158 to go with my planned Grand Central HST which is local to West Yorkshire.

One pair of class 158 bodies in Wales and West livery to eventually go on suitable chassis to run on my Fisherlea layout.

A Railfreight Distribution 47 125 (Poole-made) body, this is my second body in that livery which I can swap over with my existing Poole-built 47s so I can run double-headed 47s on RfD services with my train ferry wagons.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Bealman

Good buys, folks. Impressed with the green 08 at that price.  :thumbsup:

johnlambert

Finally succumbed to temptation and bought D1005 Western Venturer (DCC fitted).

Bealman

Nice one! Shame about the colour (just me, just kiddin' - actually it does look good sitting in front of the blue coaches).  :thumbsup:

trainsdownunder

Finally got one ! AUD $89 inc P&P

http://youtu.be/NBi3se10YpU

[smg id=8665]

Also bought some Flat cars - 15 in total all new (well ex display) with custom loads @ $10 each inc P&P

[smg id=8666][smg id=8667]

Need to get off my *!£% and do the layout now.

Sprintex

trainsdownunder

Not the biggest of US diesels but has always been my favourite of the "UP Heritage" schemed locos (EMD SD70ACE) Norfolk and Southern have 20 in their list.

Would be quite a collection to have. more detail here http://www.nscorp.com/nscportal/nscorp/Community/Heritage%20Locomotives/#&panel1-1

http://youtu.be/Rc6X0Yl1-Iw

johnlambert

Quote from: Bealman on December 01, 2013, 11:19:52 PM
Nice one! Shame about the colour (just me, just kiddin' - actually it does look good sitting in front of the blue coaches).  :thumbsup:

hehe, thanks.  It will be joined by a green one and a maroon one when funds permit.

Bealman

Hi Colin, I notice the paint scheme says 'The Katy'. That's not the same as the Missouri-Kansas-Texas line, is it?

George

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations