144 Vulcan

Started by guest311, January 25, 2014, 07:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richey1977

Quote from: Tank on January 26, 2014, 10:07:43 AM
Yes, seen her twice. :heart2:

I remember seeing a Vulcan fly at the SouthEnd show in 1989 when I was 6-7 years old.  The loudest thing I'd ever heard!!!!!!! 

I'd have been there too.  I rarely missed a Southend Airshow. back in the days when there was a flying programme to rival any of the paid events.  Standing on the pier when the Vulcan went vertical right overhead was a memorable experience.  ;)

AndyGif

I think the only thing I've heard that was even remotely close to a Vulcan at close range (with in the bounds of the same airfield/show area), Concorde on the end of Filton's runway.
Both of them would make you feel physically sick due to the sound waves penetrating your body and giving your guts a good pummelling.
Next after those two would be a Harrier in a hover.

pape_timmo

This n gauge forum is terrible ;) , I've just bought the Vulcan and repositioned the nose wheel, and realigned the nose probe...

Your all getting me doing all sorts of modelling again after years of not touching things lol

:thankyousign:

Cheers, Timmo
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Komata on January 27, 2014, 12:27:46 AM
Mr Sprue

Thanks for asking, but 'fraid not; the Antipodes during the '60's when AOCFEAF used to send the occasional example south 'to show the flag and impress the locals...' (and leave a few 'bits' behind on runway's, 'just for effect', as examples of how good the the RAF was at 'low flying').

Them wus the days.... :) :)

I remember standing in the control tower at Scampton watching one do a couple of "Touch & goes" impressive sight and sound as it climbed away banking to the left shaking the building with it's glowing afterburners!

javlinfaw7

succumbed now just need a victor to refuel it .  :)

pape_timmo

Quote from: javlinfaw7 on January 27, 2014, 06:08:32 PM
Or a fleet of Victors to refuel it.. Vulcan 607
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

Mr Sprue

Quote from: pape_timmo on January 27, 2014, 06:17:45 PM
Quote from: javlinfaw7 on January 27, 2014, 06:08:32 PM
Or a fleet of Victors to refuel it.. Vulcan 607

Lets not forget that on operation "Black Buck" they too Victors had to be refueled mid air to refuel the Vulcan!  :)

Buzzard

Quote from: pgm2008 on January 26, 2014, 09:36:37 AM
Don't forget there is STILL ONE Vulcan flying - XH558!!

Was lucky enough to see it after the Dawlish airshow last year as it was heading home.  Now we do get Hercules coming over at 500 feet and they're pretty loud but they're nothing compared with 558 at the same height.  Hope it comes again this year.

Nigel

Bealman

Quote from: pape_timmo on January 27, 2014, 04:04:04 PM
This n gauge forum is terrible ;) , I've just bought the Vulcan and repositioned the nose wheel, and realigned the nose probe...

Your all getting me doing all sorts of modelling again after years of not touching things lol

:thankyousign:

Cheers, Timmo

Thanks for that post, Timmo! We're doin' something right, then!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

silverfox

For those looking for a quick winter Vulcan 'fix' check out XH558 flying round (under) Beachy Head for the Eastbourne airshow 2012 on Youtube........you will not be disappointed. ;)

Enjoy

Jason....long time supporter of 558.....the people's aircraft.

scotsoft

Excellent clip Jason, thank you for posting it  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Bealman

Quote from: PostModN66 on January 26, 2014, 09:28:58 PM
Take a look at this period piece!
Just had a look. That old film is uber cool! Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23