The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

Went to the cheap shop and bought 3 different size knives to shape the insulation foam on my new scenery, it worked a treat until I cut the end off my finger, left hand (ouch), why am I angry ?, because I was stupid enough to do it and with a lot of work coming up for our country/rock band and me playing guitar I am gonna experience some pretty intensive pain pressing on the strings, today Monday next gig Thursday.

On a brighter note the scenery is coming out great and the layout will always be No1 after SWMBO.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

ianb1303

And now there's blood all over the new scenery.......OW

hope it feels better soon.........dont you feel silly though

Jack

Quote from: ianb1303 on March 19, 2012, 06:12:18 AM
And now there's blood all over the new scenery.......OW

hope it feels better soon.........dont you feel silly though

Reminds me of a song "Red River Rock"....  ;D

Sorry - I'll get my coat.

Jack
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Newportnobby

Ouch!
I can only suggest you stick the poorly finger in a tube and play bottleneck :music: :thumbsup:

ianb1303

Quote from: oldrailbug on March 19, 2012, 05:09:00 AM
Went to the cheap shop and bought 3 different size knives to shape the insulation foam on my new scenery, it worked a treat until I cut the end off my finger, left hand (ouch), why am I angry ?, because I was stupid enough to do it and with a lot of work coming up for our country/rock band and me playing guitar I am gonna experience some pretty intensive pain pressing on the strings, today Monday next gig Thursday.

On a brighter note the scenery is coming out great and the layout will always be No1 after SWMBO.

As a clarinet player, I can sympathise, it would be extremely difficult for me to play if I lopped off part of my finger

Dock Shunter

Being a Bass Player who plays finger style and is also prone to hacking bits off the end of my fingers while modelling i undestand how you feel Dave.......
And it always happens when you have a few gigs lined up......
Hope the gigs go well Dave..... :music:

Mustermark

Hope you're well on the mend by Thursday Dave.

Did you superglue it? Hold the cit bits tight together and put superglue gel arond the outside of the cut and hold till it dries. I sliced the end off my thumb a couple of years ago and glued it back on.  Healed quite quickly too. The hard part was matching up the fingerprint under the magnifier. In fact i sliced into a finger yesterday ( you know, when the fingertip is just over the edge of the steel rule) and out came the glue.

They use it in hospitals instead of stitches, except hospital superglue has blue colour in it. I watched them do it when my son split his lip, i thought that was genius. Though they did tell us it is not for use on the face in case it gets in your eyes.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

jonclox

Quote from: oldrailbug on March 19, 2012, 05:09:00 AM

Oh dear not good news.
I hope the finger soon heals and that you will be ok playing for the gig.
..............and of course that the scenery will be ok on the layout
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

EtchedPixels

Medical superglue is a bit different. Ordinary superglue is strongly exothermic so in any quantity can also burn when applied to an injury. Works a treat though for things like nails you've split with a misdirected tool.

I've since found out there are women who paint their nails with superglue to stop them chipping !

You can buy armoured gloves. They look a handy adjunct to some of the small electric saws
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

MikeDunn

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 19, 2012, 04:23:22 PM
You can buy armoured gloves. They look a handy adjunct to some of the small electric saws
NOW I find out  :o :'(

jonclox

John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Mustermark

Hi EP, i'm sure there must be some differences with the medical stuff, and there are a lot of Loctite formulations for different applications, but as far as i know the medical stuff under the trade name Prism is cyano acrylate in gel form, chemically very similar to superglue gel.

In the tiny amounts it takes to glue a cut i have found superglue gel doesnt even feel warm and doesnt sting the cut. I wouldnt use ordinary liquid superglue as that might get into the cut and hurt like hell.  The gel works much better than a band-aid.

The other cool thing is that it stays stuck just about as long as the cut takes to start to heal.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Mustermark on March 19, 2012, 04:57:52 PM
In the tiny amounts it takes to glue a cut i have found superglue gel doesnt even feel warm and doesnt sting the cut. I wouldnt use ordinary liquid superglue as that might get into the cut and hurt like hell.  The gel works much better than a band-aid.

Oh agreed - I'm not saying it doesn't work. I've tested it several times 8)

Alan

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations