what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brbluewill

Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

EtchedPixels

Playing on full size trains, sorry I mean doing prototype research!

That and dealing with the fallout from various moulding tool problems. Life is never simple.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Fratton

waiting for paint to dry,,,,,,,,,,,  :thumbsdown:

then hopefully by dinner playing trains  :thumbsup:
Charlie.

tadpole

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 19, 2012, 10:26:49 PM

Life is never simple.

Too true.
Powered and tested the Exeter (diesel) side of my layout and found all sorts of electrical issues. One failed turnout, and two electrofrogs had somehow made it into critical positions on my otherwise insulfrog and simply wired layout - how did I manage not to notice that?? >:( I'll swap them with some insulfrogs from the fiddle yard (electrofrogs are fine on dead end tracks).
Two rails good. Three better.

Alex

Not much on the layout, but serviced a few locos last night in preparation for their move out to the shed at the weekend.

Alex :wave:

EtchedPixels

Been putting the wires along the roof of an EMU. Remind me in future to pick 1957 build stock that doesn't have all the exposed roof junk!
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Jack

All track has been taken up and base board cleaned and is now covered in wallpaper (white side up) ready to start drawing out the revised track plan. Once I've worked out where all my point work is going I'm going to adjust my cross members and add a few more because my base board resonated sound, a bit like a drum. Also while the base board is up off the frame I'll make sure that bus wires goes to all the right places without having to resort to long droppers.

I'm determined to get it right this time before I start ordering any track stuff as I'm switching my track from code 80 to code 55.

Patience rather than eagernesses to run trains is going to be the order of the day for Chapelfields Mk3, hopefully!!  ;D ::)

Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

MinZaPint

Quote from: Jack9465 on March 24, 2012, 06:15:40 PM

All track has been taken up and base board cleaned and is now covered in wallpaper (white side up) ready to start drawing out the revised track plan. Once I've worked out where all my point work is going I'm going to adjust my cross members and add a few more because my base board resonated sound, a bit like a drum. Also while the base board is up off the frame I'll make sure that bus wires goes to all the right places without having to resort to long droppers.

I'm determined to get it right this time before I start ordering any track stuff as I'm switching my track from code 80 to code 55.

Patience rather than eagernesses to run trains is going to be the order of the day for Chapelfields Mk3, hopefully!!  ;D ::)

Don't you just hate these people that are organised? I'm still trying to bodge my mistakes.  ::)
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

longbridge

Giving the new scenery an undercoat of paint before applying the ground cover.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Alex

Hi,

Redone the top end of the main layout and laid some track tonight. Got three trains running at the same time. I can actually run 5 trains at the same time when everything's going right.

The main layout will undergo some radical changes this year as it will be fully converted over to US outline.

Alex  :wave:

railwaysymphony

With my big layout plan being a little hard to pull off right at the moment for a number of reasons (space, finances etc), I've been throwing together a small layout using an old bit of pineboard in the garage (1200x600mm) and Peco Setrack (I had a starter kit which I've expanded on). Nothing fancy - a double-track oval with a couple of sidings. Should finish laying track tomorrow (need to get some more underlay and three or four more bits of track!) and it'll be ready to run. Gradually I'll improve on it, put some detailing in etc. For now, it's nice to have something to watch the trains go by :)

Fratton

expansion repairs securing track back down and tidying, and some grass being done today, too many hours at work for any decent shed time but with all the work and a strict diet that im on the mrs says i deserve a reward at easter, i am certainly hoping this reward involves trains somewhere as an easter egg would be wasted on me,,,,,,
Charlie.

tadpole

Replaced problematic turnout and fixed a problem at the entrance to the up fiddle yard, a nice bi-product of which is a 2-coach-length extension to 2 sidings, so Exeters can be 8 coaches (shorter than the prototype, but long enough).

Track-wise, the whole layout now works properly, but needs some cleaning and aesthetic realignment here and there.

Next task will be to test run the timetable to make sure it's workable.

Two rails good. Three better.

Geoff

Just finished fitting switches and CDU in my point switch box, I will post photo's tomorrow, all I need to do now is wire it.
Geoff

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations