Removing Decals from old Farish (Poole) coaches

Started by AdrianC, March 12, 2021, 11:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdrianC

Hi all,

I've done a search but could not find anything specific to my question, so I'm asking it here.

I want to renumber a selection of Mk3 and Mk2 farish coaches, they are older clear shell ones or the even older inlay ones. I'm not sure just trying to gently scrape the numbers off will work as I suspect I'll remove some of the paintwork too.

Is there a good way of removing the numbers, or will I just have to take a chance?

Thanks in advance
Adrian
If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

Steven B

Assuming they're factory finish rather than models someone has already renumbered then the numbers will be tampo-printed in ink/paint rather than transfers/decals.

You should be able to scrape them off, I've used a cocktail stick in the past but a curve bladed craft knife should also work if you're careful. I believe T-Cut or very fine wet'n'dry will also work.

Whatever method you use take your time and be gentle. The numbers are printed on top of the underlying livery so with care you shouldn't go through the base colour.

Steven B

AdrianC

Quote from: Steven B on March 12, 2021, 03:24:28 PM
Assuming they're factory finish rather than models someone has already renumbered then the numbers will be tampo-printed in ink/paint rather than transfers/decals.

You should be able to scrape them off, I've used a cocktail stick in the past but a curve bladed craft knife should also work if you're careful. I believe T-Cut or very fine wet'n'dry will also work.

Whatever method you use take your time and be gentle. The numbers are printed on top of the underlying livery so with care you shouldn't go through the base colour.

Steven B

Thanks Steven,  I'll take that all on board  :thumbsup:
They are all original finish so very careful scraping it is  ;)
If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations