Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

I don't understand a word of that, but I'm sure UK folk do.

Good luck with it, Mick!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 17, 2018, 09:29:01 AM
Wahey! I've just found out I qualify for £200 Winter Fuel Allowance :claphappy:
That's maybe 1½ locos or 4 coaches from Farish >:(

I thought that when it became available but having just spent a bit over £500 on 1000 litres of oil (£50 or so more than last time), my £200 will have to go back into the Staying Warm fund when we need a top up in March.

Dave G

Bealman

Wow. that's pretty heavy stuff.

railsquid

Don't burn them all at once.

Newportnobby

Quote from: railsquid on August 17, 2018, 02:52:14 PM

Don't burn them all at once.

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:

Ted

I'm happy because my first model is nearly done and it's turning out well. Happy I didn't **** it up because it's so fiddly!!  :D

Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

Bealman

Looks like you've done a great job!  :thumbsup:

Ted

Quote from: Bealman on August 25, 2018, 10:10:03 AM
Looks like you've done a great job!  :thumbsup:

Let's hope my next post isn't in the angry thread because I screwed up the soldering on my sound conversion for the 08!  :angel:
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

Bob Tidbury

I've just received my Lyddle End stone built engine shed from Leighton Walters ,he advertised a collection of Lyddle End buildings and I have been looking for one of these for a while and the only place I had seen them was on EBay at really silly prices , I asked him on Wednesday how much just for the engine shed including the P&P we agreed a sensible price my son paid PayPal and the shed arrived this morning well packed and as new .I recommend him if he has something your looking for .
Bob Tidbury

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on September 01, 2018, 12:00:38 PM
I've just received my Lyddle End stone built engine shed from Leighton Walters ,he advertised a collection of Lyddle End buildings and I have been looking for one of these for a while and the only place I had seen them was on EBay at really silly prices , I asked him on Wednesday how much just for the engine shed including the P&P we agreed a sensible price my son paid PayPal and the shed arrived this morning well packed and as new .I recommend him if he has something your looking for .
Bob Tidbury

That's nice to hear Bob, it's great when people share good buying experiences, too much bad news / stories around!

See you at TINGS  :wave:

Skyline2uk

dannyboy

As some of you are aware, as I reached UK retirement age over 2 years ago and the Irish retirement age last year, I have been slowly reducing my hours at work getting ready for retirement. Last July, I asked the bosses if they would consider allowing me to 'drop' two more shifts a month, putting myself on a 24 hour week starting today. Last Friday, I rang the boss to ask if they had thought about it - "Oh it's all sorted David, start it this weekend". Why somebody could not have let me know with more than 72 hours notice I don't know!  :veryangry:. Okay, why have we an angry emoticon in the Happy thread? Because I also told my boss that it was my intention to retire at the end of the year!  :). As the last working day in this tax year in Ireland is 28th December - guess when I am retiring. It is now 116 days until then and, because of holidays booked, I only have 27 shifts to work!  :D. (Not that I am counting you understand  :no:). Ask me if I am in a happy mood - go on. (I might have to ask the audience on that one!).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

TrevL

Good for you David, best decision I ever made was retiring on my 65th. Now 17 months later, to quote Ronald MacDonald "I'm lovin' it" :claphappy: I don't know how I ever found time to go to work. :D
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Delboy

Quote from: TrevL on September 03, 2018, 07:36:08 AM
Good for you David, best decision I ever made was retiring on my 65th. Now 17 months later, to quote Ronald MacDonald "I'm lovin' it" :claphappy: I don't know how I ever found time to go to work. :D
I Agree with Trev.
When people used to say that to me I used to grin but it's true.
Time seems to fly when you retire.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Skyline2uk

Congratulations to all those retiring, must feel good after putting in the graft  :thumbsup:

It seems to be the season, two of my colleagues have / are about to retire, my farther in law finished work last week and my dear old mum is counting the days.

The father in law is a great example of what is said above about filling the time; he reeled off a long list of jobs and projects when I saw him yesterday. His own home, his youngest's wedding and his eldest (my wife) expecting his first grandchild....much woodwork and decorating a chez Skyline to keep him occupied  :D

Skyline2uk

Bealman

Must be the season! I'm off to two former colleagues retirement dinners in the next fortnight!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations