It's starting to get expensive....again!

Started by Newportnobby, September 22, 2018, 02:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Thanks for that.  :thumbsup:

That's better, but as you say, still steep. Still, you pays for you get, I guess. They are nice models.

I haven't really shopped around, though - the thought only came into me head today!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

njee20

Are you being charged GST yet? On the presumption that the postage is not 20% of the selling price you actually pay less than we do, hadn't thought of that! Should emigrate. Would save a fortune!

As I've just commented elsewhere there's nothing I want to spend money on from Dapol or Farish presently, aside from a 50 for railtour duties, and maybe some HIAs if there are good deals for multiples at TINGS/Warley.

Otherwise I'm just indebted to Revolution, I'm considering having part of my salary simply diverted to them, it'd be easier. I've even had to set up a spreadsheet to track all the orders as I couldn't remember what I had!

Graham

like the spreadsheet idea. will have to copy that.

njee20

I just have a Google sheet, so I can do it wherever I am, makes it easier. I've currently got 8 outstanding orders with them, and I've not yet ordered the mk5s!  :confused1:

Bingley Hall

Quote from: njee20 on August 10, 2019, 08:54:58 AM
Are you being charged GST yet? On the presumption that the postage is not 20% of the selling price you actually pay less than we do, hadn't thought of that! Should emigrate. Would save a fortune!

No GST as yet - I think it was more just smoke and mirrors by the government to appease Australian retailers.

The 20% off does make resistance futile. Bought a pre-owned (but seriously 'like new') Atlas diesel for 33 squids (listed at 40) from Hattons the other day = AU$60. I think the work experience kid might have got a bit muddled on that one. 

railsquid

Quote from: Bingley Hall on August 10, 2019, 09:43:41 AM
The 20% off does make resistance futile. Bought a pre-owned (but seriously 'like new') Atlas diesel for 33 squids

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Quote from: Bingley Hall on August 10, 2019, 09:43:41 AM(listed at 40) from Hattons the other day = AU$60. I think the work experience kid might have got a bit muddled on that one.

You do get the occasional piece of 2nd hand stock a a price where you have to wonder who was doing the pricing. On the other side there's bunch of Japanese junk stuck there which would be cheaper to buy new from Japan, even at the current exchange rate.

Talking of which, for me prices have dropped by about a third since June 2016, that and the lack of VAT and the propensity of the Japanese excise not to get at all excited about anonymous-looking brown cardboard boxes makes me a very happy hoarder bunny. I just need someone to make things I want to buy...

JayM481

Rails has the Birdcage set for £119.50, which is a hair under £100 ex-VAT, so about £33/coach. I put it off, and now I'm looking at getting them, plus the C Class, all at once. That'll leave a mark.

Bealman

Hmm. It's starting to look a bit more attractive.

Birthday coming up.... time to get Mrs Bealman to talk to the Bealettes, methinks....
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations