Forum Issues

Started by Tank, July 19, 2023, 05:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

Serious question...

...in the list of 'Unread Posts', there's no 'button' on the far right side to take you to the last post in the thread.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

crewearpley40

Chris Dawlish Warren added how he managed

Bealman

Quote from: emjaybee on July 21, 2023, 09:07:07 AMSerious question...

...in the list of 'Unread Posts', there's no 'button' on the far right side to take you to the last post in the thread.

Yep, and that would also let you know who it was.

However, I think we should not be overcritical at this point, and given the time it has taken so far, maybe hang on a bit longer.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Steven B

Clicking the "Unread Posts" text at the top of the site brings up a list of the threads with new messages.

There's a "New" button on the left hand side of the entry for each thread that takes you to the newest message. The time I used it on old threads it only took me to the last page but it appears to work fine on new threads, and those already read so hopefully just the database catching up.

Steven B

Nbodger

Michael

If you are reading on your phone, view in landscape to view full screen

Newportnobby

Being an old fart it took me some time to find the 'Unread posts'.
I miss the 'rating' system
Having paid a suitable bribe to 'Der Management' why is @dannyboy still able to post 'Groaners'?
Not sure if the 'tagging' system works as I had to type the full name and can't see if it has worked
Great to have the forum back and I'm sure we'll get used to things as time passes

Tank

As said by Steven B, you can either click the NEW graphic on the Unread Posts page, to take you to the first new post for the user, or, you can click on the far right hand side where it might say "Today at 09:59:03 by Tank", which will take you to the last post of that topic.

Tank

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 21, 2023, 09:50:17 AMHaving paid a suitable bribe to 'Der Management'

Well, that secret didn't last long.   :-X  ;D

Tank

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 21, 2023, 09:50:17 AMI miss the 'rating' system

That should now be working again. :thumbsup:

Papyrus

Great work, @Tank and team. I love the new look but it will obviously take a while for everything to bed down and for us numpties to work out where everything is. I've put a few pesos in the Forum coffers. Let us know if you need more funds.

Cheers,

Chris

PS. I do miss the signals down the left-hand side though...

martyn

Another message of gratitude and congrats to all the work done in renewing the Forum. It must have been a nightmare at times!

Thanks for the hard work by all concerned!

Martyn

Railwaygun

Can we fix this thread at the top of the list - it's has lots of hints & tips that all will find useful!

It takes a long time to forget 10 yrs of the quirks of the old system!!

Keep,up,the good work

NickR
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

BlythPower

A big thank you to all concerned with the upgrade. It's been a terrible few days without the forum. I've actually had to... gulp... do some work on occasions...  :*(

dannyboy

Quote from: Tank on July 21, 2023, 10:01:36 AM
Quote from: Newportnobby on July 21, 2023, 09:50:17 AMHaving paid a suitable bribe to 'Der Management'

Well, that secret didn't last long.  :-X  ;D
@Newportnobby my bribe was obviously bigger than yours  :P  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

geofff

Well done to all concerned. Who pays for the upgrades and on-going maintenance to the site as there is obviously a cost to someone?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations