Dapol Digest Down

Started by Tank, January 10, 2020, 03:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Hello all,

I've been informed that the Dapol Digest has gone down due to a hosting issue.  Dapol have told me that they are restoring it now.

port perran

Quote from: Tank on January 10, 2020, 03:05:47 PM
Hello all,

I've been informed that the Dapol Digest has gone down due to a hosting issue.  Dapol have told me that they are restoring it now.

Tank - you have your finger on the pulse  ;)
(Read the post title again  :D).
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Tank

This is what happens when you mix trains and the school run!   :doh: :D

Bob G

I'm sure it won't be missed.
Bob

PLD

Quote from: Bob G on January 10, 2020, 04:41:44 PM
I'm sure it won't be missed.
Bob
Oh it will... where else will the ham-fisted ******* go to complain "a bit fell off their loco when they hit it with a lump-hammer" or it "stopped working when they submerged it in Castrol GTX" (which is of course all Dapol's fault  >:D )

Capri_sam

I once bought a second hand dapol manor (never again will I buy dapol tender locos second hand).

Within a yard of the 'not-even-run-in'-and-yet-arrived-with-a-handrail-broken loco hitting the rails, the front truck screw fell out, locked the pony, which locked the valve gear, and the loco threw itself off the rails, off the baseboard, out of the loft hatch it was travelling over, bounced off the loft ladder and then down two flights of wooden stairs.

Damage? The tender fell off and needed re-soldering and a new tender linkage making. Oh, and the cab needed clipping back on and I had to find a replacement screw for the truck which vanished into the ether. That was it from a fall of roughly 6m onto a hard surface. It worked fine within an hour.

Just how badly are people treating their locomotives!?

PS anyone want to buy a nearly new, barely run in Manor?

Newportnobby

I guess it's safe to assume Dapol have just left it to rot on the vine as I get notifications on a couple of subjects and questions lie there for months or more with no replies

GrahamB

The digest is up an running.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Newportnobby

My comment was made because the site is up and running but I can't be doing with something unused by it's owners :no:

davidinyork

Dapol doesn't really do themselves any favours with that forum - if they are going to have it they need to check it and post fairly often (at least once or twice a week), otherwise they would be better off not having it at all. Setting it up, then ignoring it most of the time, just gives the impression that they can't be bothered to respond to questions.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations