The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude Dreyfus

That has got to hurt!

Going back to the Olympics, it has been sad to see such ingratious comments coming from France in particular. So you have not won the number of medals you expect in cycling...simple remedy for next time...try harder!

...and stop making out Britain has such a big rivalry with France in the Olympics...we don't. For us, it is Australia - as with the cricket. France is football, and to a lesser extent Rugby. The success against Australia has been tempered a little bit by some sniping from down-under, particularly over funding. Perhaps the Australian media should accept that this has just not been their year, and look forward to improving matters for 2016.

Team GB have had a cracking Olympics, but we should cast our memories back to the disaster that was Atlanta 1996. Both Beijing and London successes are the direct result of 1996, and the decision that we should never be in that position again.

Bikeracer

I really don't understand how synchronised swimming can be called a sport.It'll be maypole dancing and smack a rat in a drain pipe next

Allan.
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

scotsoft

Quote from: Bikeracer on August 10, 2012, 03:59:26 PM
I really don't understand how synchronised swimming can be called a sport.It'll be maypole dancing and smack a rat in a drain pipe next

Allan.

I agree, we had them at the local pool and we used to call them "The Sinking Cygnets"  :smiley-laughing:

John.

Pengi

I don't like this trend of making verbs out of nouns - for example 'Britain might medal in this event'
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

EtchedPixels

Not as bad as "the Carmarthen train has been replatformed"

Someone at Cardiff needs to be told that's not a word.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Newportnobby

You're quite right, EP.
'That's' is actually a truncation of 2 words - that is :-X

Bikeracer

There is a model shop in Newark called Access Models.

I went in today for a length of Flexi track £3.50,offered my debit card and was told that anything under £5.00 had to be cash.I explained that it was a debit card and not a credit card and as far as I'm aware there is no charge to use it.
I'd sooner buy off the internet and pay the postage rather than give that shop anymore money.

It's not surprising that people would rather buy on the internet,I'm now a customer that Access Models has lost for good because I'll never buy anything there again.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Matthew-peter

Well i went for that job earlier this week and the company had not advertised it correctly, they failed to mention it was a door to door company  :veryangry: so I flat out refused, I dont believe in people being pestered at their home for money. If they wanted the items they would go out and buy them at the shops.

Rant over
OK who took my cake?

scotsoft

I don't blame you Matt and I am sorry you have been misled that way  :thumbsdown: after getting your hopes up.

John.

Matthew-peter

Cheers John, the good thing is I am starting a transport management course in 2 weeks time, just about all signed up for it and its a year long course and equals a level 3 NVQ so hopefully will help in the road i want to take career wise.  ;D
OK who took my cake?

Pete Mc

Blimey,I currently have a NVQ level 2 in road passenger transport which is a requirement at the company I work for.Later this year,after the latest phase of recruitment/training ends,I am pencilled in for commencement of NVQ level 3,also in road passenger transport.This will allow me to apply for a superviser/depot inspectors post should one become available in the future.
This course,I am told is at vocational level and is done in my own time,at no cost to me outside normal working hours and should take approximately two months to complete.This may mean going into work early to do fleet output allocations,radio operation,duty swaps,overtime allocation and other stuff relating to the job I may or may not decide to apply for.
It would also allow me to take on the heady post of train manager on any one of our,or other TOC's,if I'm allowed to leave for.
A year seems a long time to do this course.
How many hours per week studying etc does that mean you have to do?

Pete
:Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

scotsoft

Hi Pete,

If Matt does not have any NVQ's in this field he will have to do levels 1 and 2 before starting level 3.

A year is what the people who are running the course will say, but there should be no reason why anyone could not complete the course early as long as they can do the work required.

cheers John.

Matthew-peter

As above really,  they say it takes about a year but if your willing to put the effort into it you can finish after about 8 months, it is all 3 levels up to level 3 so i am going to put my heart and soul into it and try as hard as possible to get high grades.

It is all done online with the help of tutors via email and  phone so I should get as much help as anyone, hopefully.
OK who took my cake?

Donkey

Quote from: Bikeracer on August 10, 2012, 03:59:26 PM

Allan.
Totally agree Allan, though my beloved thinks it's great  ::)

Marty

Pengi

The security questions where you have to enter what is displayed on the screen drive me nuts. Often the letters/numbers are really hard to distinguish and listening to them is not a good experience. Often I'm having to refresh them several times to get something that I am comfortable about entering.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations