Graham Farish 2019

Started by guest2, January 14, 2019, 12:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdrianC

Quote from: westie7 on January 14, 2019, 11:30:41 PM
Scotrail 2 coach pack , TSO and BG

BUT no TSO available on its own?

I don't think there were very many MK2A TSOs at all in ScotRail, and I've only ever seen (in videos or pics I must confess) single ones in a rakes with air-con Mk2s, although these tended to be in the additional Aberdeen push-pull rakes with a DBSO, not a BG. I wonder if this was their thinking? I know there are others on here far more knowledgeable than me  ;)   :thumbsup:
If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

Paddy

Quote from: gc4946 on January 14, 2019, 09:31:24 PM
The loco involved in the robbery was D326, Farish are doing it as D338

Oh I know it is the wrong number but it is the right style of Class 40.

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

njee20

Be a bit weird frankly to avoid an entire sub-class just because of one event. Not doing the exact loco seems fair enough; I'd not expect them to make a model of the exact locos involved in any major crash, but not to avoid the entire class/livery variation.

westie7

[quote author=AdrianC link=topic=44128.msg548837#msg548837 date=15475
I don't think there were very many MK2A TSOs at all in ScotRail, and I've only ever seen (in videos or pics I must confess) single ones in a rakes with air-con Mk2s, although these tended to be in the additional Aberdeen push-pull rakes with a DBSO, not a BG. I wonder if this was their thinking? I know there are others on here far more knowledgeable than me  ;)   :thumbsup:
[/quote]

There was about half a dozen I think, but they were MK2 not mk2a. Have the list somewhere I'll need to dig it out

marco neri

..still not 90/91 re-tooled and upgrade to DCC socket?
or Mk4/new MK5?... :hmmm:

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

trkilliman

I'm a bit surprised they haven't given the Castle some new names/numbers.

njee20

Quote from: marco neri on January 15, 2019, 11:59:26 AM

..still not 90/91 re-tooled and upgrade to DCC socket?
or Mk4/new MK5?... :hmmm:

Can't see the 91 or mk4 being done any time soon. Mk5 is sure to be done at some point as they become more common.

90 would be great though, I imagine that'll happen at some point once they're on top of their backlog.

AdrianC

Quote from: westie7 on January 15, 2019, 11:55:18 AM
[quote author=AdrianC link=topic=44128.msg548837#msg548837 date=15475

There was about half a dozen I think, but they were MK2 not mk2a. Have the list somewhere I'll need to dig it out
[/quote]

I did wonder as i typed if they were mk2 not mk2a as I typed but wasn't entirely sure.

One thing for sure, I'm certainly considering pre-ordering this, and the green and cream mk1s and mk2/class 101 sets. Got memories of bagging some time round Inverness depot when the first Green and Cream mk2 coaches where stored in the old carriage shed.....
If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

paulprice

Quote from: emjaybee on January 14, 2019, 01:37:53 PM
I like the Parrot wagons, I could use a few of them.

I reckon eight pieces.

They're going to be crackers, a real feather in BachFar' s cap.

:whistle:

As you were.

They are the only thing that interests me too, perhaps a few may enter my pool of wagons.

The Bachman release for 2019 has far too much "buzz box" stuff for my liking :(

emjaybee

Quote from: paulprice on January 15, 2019, 01:41:16 PM
Quote from: emjaybee on January 14, 2019, 01:37:53 PM
I like the Parrot wagons, I could use a few of them.

I reckon eight pieces.

They're going to be crackers, a real feather in BachFar' s cap.

:whistle:

As you were.

They are the only thing that interests me too, perhaps a few may enter my pool of wagons.

The Bachman release for 2019 has far too much "buzz box" stuff for my liking :(

Nice to have an more interesting LMS wagon for a change.

(Does nobody get my Parrot humour, or are they just ignoring it?)
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

njee20

Definitely ignoring it, but it was noted! ;-)

I see Hatton's newsletter includes information on all the forthcoming releases - does that mean they've resolved their "issues" with Bachmann? All the new releases have been conspicuous by their absence for the last few months!

£191 for the sound fitted 60s, that's superb! I really hope the bodies can be swapped around, would like a few of those!

Edit: also thinking out loud... they're doing the 220 in "revised Virgin livery", which I was thinking to mean either the grey doors, or the new red silk livery. But it's a 220, not a 221, which were only ever in the original Virgin livery weren't they? It's the Super Voyagers that get used on the WCML, as opposed to the 220s on Cross Country services? This is borne out by 220018 being part of the Arriva XC fleet.

emjaybee

Thank you for your honesty.

Still very excited by the Parrot wagons, I'm sure my excitement will be tempered when I'm still waiting in 18 months time, but hey-ho.

:D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

Quote from: emjaybee on January 15, 2019, 01:43:31 PM

(Does nobody get my Parrot humour, or are they just ignoring it?)

I'm the one who clicked on the 'Funny' button.
Beautiful plumage, the Norwegian Blue :D

acko22

Quote from: njee20 on January 15, 2019, 01:47:54 PM
Definitely ignoring it, but it was noted! ;-)

Edit: also thinking out loud... they're doing the 220 in "revised Virgin livery", which I was thinking to mean either the grey doors, or the new red silk livery. But it's a 220, not a 221, which were only ever in the original Virgin livery weren't they? It's the Super Voyagers that get used on the WCML, as opposed to the 220s on Cross Country services? This is borne out by 220018 being part of the Arriva XC fleet.

Just checking up when it was transfered to Arriva XC the name was removed so by all accounts it is right to presume that it is Revised Virgin livery
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

CaleyDave

Lots of coaches I am excited about here
Quite a few twin packs where I may have to work out what to do with the extras so I can buy even more  :D any one want a Scotrail BG or Wesh Highland BCK?

Will be pre-ordering the Hebridean MK2 and ex-DMU trailer. 
Hope a Regional Railways MK2 Break coach follows eventually but a rake of the standards will look good behind my renamed Highland Enterprise 37.

Quote from: Portpatrick on January 15, 2019, 09:04:51 AM
Quote from: red_death on January 14, 2019, 11:31:22 PM
Quote from: Portpatrick on January 14, 2019, 08:04:31 PM
  I would be more tempted by the green and cream WHL pair if the TSO was also available separately so I could make something approaching a decent rake.  Or did they actually run in Break and full open pairs?  Though for Allanbrae I would prefer the current Jacobite livery - it was dark red when I rode it in 2003. 
The green and cream mk2s and 101 trailer as an observation car primarily ran on the Kyle line rather than the WHL and did run in shorter rakes at times but I can't remember the shortest formation or if it ever ran on the WHL.
Cheers Mike
Thanks for that clarification Mike.  I will look through my books and see what I can find.

Think wires might have been crossed there.
Mike is right about the Green and Cream Hebridean Mk2 and DMU being primary used on Kyle. Ideally you would need to have bought the highlander set but you could use some regional railways or blue Mk2 coaches to stand in.
The West Highland MK1 TSO and BCK, were used with the steam specials on the West Highland line. There were only 2 Break coaches (in slightly different applications of the livery) unfortunately the other one was a BSO so other than breaking sets or repainting it is difficult to make a longer rake.
When Harburn hobbies commissioned some in OO I believe they did it as a 3 pack so atleast you had a better looking length.

Quote from: AdrianC on January 15, 2019, 12:40:07 PM
Quote from: westie7 on January 15, 2019, 11:55:18 AM
Quote from: AdrianC on January 01, 1970, 05:17:55 AM

I did wonder as i typed if they were mk2 not mk2a as I typed but wasn't entirely sure.

One thing for sure, I'm certainly considering pre-ordering this, and the green and cream mk1s and mk2/class 101 sets. Got memories of bagging some time round Inverness depot when the first Green and Cream mk2 coaches where stored in the old carriage shed.....

Yea you are right they are MK2 rather than MK2A (Not that it has bothered Farish in the past, although differences are minor)
The MK2 TSO came from the Old push pull rake which was kept on as they were unsure how reliable the DBSO would be. When reliability was better than expected they  formed the TSO with a DBSO and used them on various services. After the MK2e/d rakes arrived you were more likely to see the coaches used to strengthen the trains.

There were 5 Mk2 TSO (5146,5152,5153,5176,5197) in Scotrail and an oddball FK (13424) from the same rake which was repainted just in time to be scrapped.

The BG were introduced for the launch of the Glasgow-Aberdeen service but wandered on to the Edinburgh-Aberdeen turns and as use declined were scattered about the UK. Seen pictures of them in Transpennine Rake and Parcels trains in Cornwall.

---
(I will resisted refering to the "mk2" as a "mk2z" as despite the Z being in the TOPS code and making the conversations easier to follow people get upset)
TSO - Tourist Standard Open, BG - Brake Guard, FK - First Corridor, BCK - Brake composite corridor, BSO - Brake standard open, DBSO - Driving Brake Standard Open

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations