The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

Quote from: class37025 on March 15, 2019, 10:16:51 AM
back to safer ground, hopefully.

having finally received SWMBO's hoover, after a 679 mile tour of the North of England, from a sender 51 miles away [see previous tirade against Parcel-2-Go and DPD] our daughter decided she wanted one as well, so against my better judgement I placed the order.

again, dropped off at the DPD collection point the same day as order placed, 12th, then sat there till the 14th before being collected.
as previously sender had paid for next day delivery, which should have been the 14th.

queried with P2G last night as to why parcel had sat there for two days and was told 'high winds' had delayed the pickup [hopefully the same winds blew the leaves of the rails  :no:] and advised that delivery would be today.

just checked and    :o  it has been to Birmingham hub from Dartford and back to Burgess hill, arr at 06:03 this morning, and will be delivered between 12:25 and 13:25 today.

so perhaps not the happy thread, but maybe not the angry thread, but as suggested by another member, maybe the slightly miffed thread  :)

Its funny how people experience different service in different parts of the country. Round here DPD are superb, always prompt delivery, always on time, always left where told, always upload photo of delivery. The one time they left a parcel at the wrong house I phoned the driver, yes, the driver, and he turned round picked up the parcel and redelivered it to our house.

Royal Fail on the other hand....

...   :veryangry:   :censored:   :veryangry:   :censored:   :veryangry: ...

they couldn't deliver the punchline to a playground joke, I've got three complaints outstanding, the customer service is patronising and condescending, and I still have to go and collect my parcels. Apparently I have to write them a letter to enable them to know which neighbour they should try first....

...we only have ONE neighbour, which they've been told umpteen times.

Eeaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!

And don't get me started on Parcel Farce.

:veryangry:    :censored:   :veryangry2:   :censored:    :veryangry2:   :censored:    :veryangry:

:headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

guest311

we are very lucky here,

posties can read, and know where the safe place is if we are out

Hermes driver is the same

Yodel driver doesn't put parcels in the bin, but rings the bell and waits for you to answer

and the DPD driver is also great, it seems as always to be the the company that is [brown effluent waste]

guess we have people who are interested in doing their jobs, and for that I give thanks.

daffy

Mrs Daffy and I must live a charmed life as we get plenty of parcel deliveries by all agencies and, as far as my memory serves me, have never had any problems.
Parcels from the USA, Europe, and nearer home all arrive safely and, in most cases, on time.

Of course, now I've said that, I suppose the next umpteen deliveries will buck the trend. ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

The Q

as you say different experiences in Different areas, We know the local Parcel force man so providing he's not on holiday, no problem.

The good companies,
Parcel force ,
Hermes,
Amazon.
Royal mail

The bad companies
Yodel claims there is no one in, But he's never even been to our road.
DHL the same.
business post (if they still exist)( gets out, puts card in door) gets back in van doesn't knock. drives away.

Caz

We have a whole different bunch of delivery companies here is Spain, the Royal Mail of Spain is called Correos and they are useless, never knock or ring, just leave a card and you have to go to their local office to collect.

By and large the courier companies are good, they all manage to find us except DHL who have NEVER managed to deliver a parcel to our address as they can't find it!  We live in a village just off the main rain, everyone else finds us but not them, go figure, get a phone call or a letter saying we can collect as they were unable to deliver  :veryangry:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

LASteve

They're pretty good here in the US, by and large, but I do try to stack the odds in my favor by being nice to my regular people at Christmas - it's amazing what a gift card will get you for service next year. My UPS guy even signs for me if I'm not home and something needs an adult signature (wine deliveries).

The USPS guy handles most of my deliveries of modelling-related shipments from the UK, and he's good about making more than the required three attempts to deliver before he leaves the "pick it up yourself" card. I work from home a lot though, so I'm usually around for deliveries, especially if I know I've got some goodies arriving from the UK stores I deal with (mainly Osborne's, Model Railways Direct, YouChoos.)

One time, the Fedex "last mile" delivery guy was obviously too lazy to walk up the steps to my door, which opens directly to the street. He Frisbee'd a book from Amazon aiming to bounce it off my door and onto the doormat. How do I know this? I opened the door on my way out to the store and the package hit me in the chest :)

daveg

Deliveries around are pretty good and that includes Yodel, Hermes and DPD and whoever does the Amazon drops in this area.

Royal Mail are also fine but Parcel Farce can be a real pain - I've ranted about them before  :-X

Must be so frustrating having an unreliable service.

Is there any point in letting the shipper know you're having problems? May be worth a mention when you're asked to rate their products and services.

Dave G

guest311

"Is there any point in letting the shipper know you're having problems? May be worth a mention when you're asked to rate their products and services."

I certainly think there is,  after all if you rate the seller poorly on delivery times etc it is unfair when it is out of his control.

I messaged the sender the first time, and pasted a copy of the tracking report. got a reply the next day with an apology, and saying I was not the only person having these problems. he added they were planning to change to Parcel Force from the next week.

when the second parcel started to have problems, and showed as being still with P2G / DPD, I messaged him again, but that evening got a phone call from him.
he was on holiday, and apparently Parcel Force arrived to collect the parcels, but as he wasn't there to sign a form, they couldn't, so the parcels were sent with DPD. sender says he ships up to 250 parcels a month, so that is a fair contract to not care about.
then got an e-mail explaining he had been on to P2G, who seem to have been as interested as they had when I spoke to them.
as it happened, the 'high winds' that P2G used as an excuse to the parcel sitting at the drop off point for two days must have dropped, because it was delivered the next day.
seller came across as 100% genuine, and from tracking I could see he had despatched same day as orders placed, so I saw no reason to rate him for the failings of the couriers.
think he'll be having an interesting conversation with P2G when he gets back, though  >:D

JBQFC

the department for works and pension are hopeless
as you may know my dad died last month
now my older brother is disabled my mum found out to day they have stopped his PIP not that they told her she found out when it did not go into the bank
a couple of phone calls later she found out that they have stop it as my dad was his named carer and that they cannot transfer it over to her and that she has to go through the whole claims process witch could take up to 4 weeks
when asked  what he do's for money till then no answer

John  :veryangry: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

dannyboy

I was going to do a suitable reply but don't want to get banned from the forum! So will have to make do with  :o :goggleeyes:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

There are times, John, when one could almost wish such a thing on a politician or two as that's the only way things change.
I hope things get sorted out for you and your mother very soon

Skyline2uk

Quote from: JBQFC on April 26, 2019, 07:48:33 PM
the department for works and pension are hopeless
as you may know my dad died last month
now my older brother is disabled my mum found out to day they have stopped his PIP not that they told her she found out when it did not go into the bank
a couple of phone calls later she found out that they have stop it as my dad was his named carer and that they cannot transfer it over to her and that she has to go through the whole claims process witch could take up to 4 weeks
when asked  what he do's for money till then no answer

John  :veryangry: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

That's  :censored: outrageous!

So much so it puts my reason to have a winge on here into perspective and I shall withdraw. Maybe fantasising about politicians being "educated" in the physics of high velocity weapons.

Skyline2uk

guest311

yet another example of our 'caring' government  :veryangry:

I gather from something I saw on the front of one of the papers the other day that the latest money saving idea is to look at stopping free tv licences for the over 75s, and stop the winter fuel payments for pensioners.

the idea, I suppose, is that they won't be able to afford to keep warm, will die, and save the cost of their pensions  :censored:

then the other idiot was on TV the other day saying he's going to spend millions on subsidising buses to reduce the number of cars on the roads, and where's the money going to come from ?

ROAD TAX  ???

your idea is to get less cars on the roads, so less people paying road tax  :doh:

honestly, my husky could make a better job than these cretins, and be cheaper to keep as well.

Bealman

[mod]This discussion is getting very close to breaking COC when it comes to politics. Please keep the obviously political stabs out of the thread, please.[/mod]
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

guest311

Quote from: Bealman on April 27, 2019, 10:23:02 AM
This discussion is getting very close to breaking COC when it comes to politics. Please keep the obviously political stabs out of the thread, please.

I apologise for getting too close to the line in the sand  :-[

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations