The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

When I approached those 'very highly ranked in the Navy' about my motorcycle insurance they took all my details but I didn't have the registration number from the dealer at the time. I called them back next day and they told me they don't list my bike so couldn't insure me. On checking their website, sure enough, there was the model of my bike. Needless to say they are on my  :poop: list as far as any insurance goes.

daveg

An admiral decision Mick!  :)

Dave G

Skyline2uk

**Update**

An hour or so messing around online has resulted in:

Increased coverage (now including my e-bike) and greater contents cover.
Cover for the garage
A lower premium (after cashback) than the aformenioned highly ranked navy types

When I presented these facts to my current provider on the phone, I got a "very sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving us, what if offered you this price (£23 less) than the e-mail offer....."

:goggleeyes:

Lets just think about this for a second;

What they just actually said was "We know we sent you an automatic message saying we will automtically take some money from you and renew your premium, but if you actually bother to ring us (and deal with awful hold music), we will give you THE EXACT same cover for almost 25% less..."

Now I am sorry but that is just  :censored: cynical.

Needless to say, proof of cancellation just arrived in my e-mail in box!

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Had a similar thing in that I received a renewal from 'a long winded epic story' company and found same cover for less with another company. I rang up 'long winded epic story' company and was immediately offered a 'loyalty' bonus which took their premium below the competition ::)
I told them where to stick it on the basis they should have offered that in the first place and not try to screw me for what they thought they could get away with.

talisman56

As Mrs talisman has finally hung up her working clothes, the time was ripe to see what the open market could offer our vehicle insurance for.

Backstory is that Mrs t. was self-employed and used her own vehicle, and we were tied to 'a small brown and white' dog company as they were the only ones prepared to offer the insurance she required, and as a result they were regularly 'extracting the urine' with their renewal demands, which were reduced when one phoned up (as others have noted). Having used a couple of the on-line comparison sites (the one with the meerkats and the fat man singing) looking for multi-car for our two vehicles, I was deeply suspicious of the 'introductory' prices quoted and eventually gave up.

I then tried the company we have a bit of life insurance with, (A Merseyside city + Manchester (or London) station) and once I had put all the details in and waited a couple of tens of seconds for a response, was confronted by a blank page with 'Sorry we can't provide you with the inurance you requested' and a return to the page we started on, inviting me to submit an application for car insurance.

So I tried the 'Winston Woolfe' company and within a few minutes had a quote, while a bit larger than the comparison sites, after comparison of what the insurance actually included versus what were extras in others, decided to take a punt on that. We'll see what the renewal is in 12 months time, but in the mean time we have insurance that I am pretty happy with.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Skyline2uk

It's a fun game insurance renewal isn't it :doh:

I set aside at least an hour a year for each,  because though the comparison sites have made the job easier, some big name companies don't list on them.

@talisman56 : If you are still looking at multicar next year, have a look at Aviva. I do not recommend any company lightly, but I have never had any issue with them. Phone calls are a pleasure and we have made numerous changes during the term (including a car!) and never been charged an admin fee.

Plus their website is a doddle compared to others.

Anyway, back to being angry....grrrr....

Skyline2uk

RailGooner

Trying to decode some of these insurance company names is like doing The Times crossword. ???

joe cassidy

What ever happened to the Pru, Norwich Union, Scottish Widows et al?

Newportnobby

Quote from: RailGooner on June 15, 2019, 08:08:41 PM
Trying to decode some of these insurance company names is like doing The Times crossword. ???

Yeah, but it's a bit of fun in this Angry part. So far, I haven't been stumped although it's been a near thing now and then!

RailGooner

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 16, 2019, 03:22:37 AM
Quote from: RailGooner on June 15, 2019, 08:08:41 PM

Yeah, but it's a bit of fun in this Angry part. So far, I haven't been stumped although it's been a near thing now and then!

Maybe fun if you've got them all. It took me an embarrassingly long time to get 'Winston Woolfe' :-[ and I'm still stumped by 'a long winded epic story'! The frustration is making me a little angry. >:(

stevewalker

Quote from: RailGooner on June 16, 2019, 11:25:04 AM
Maybe fun if you've got them all. It took me an embarrassingly long time to get 'Winston Woolfe' :-[ and I'm still stumped by 'a long winded epic story'! The frustration is making me a little angry. >:(

Saga?

Lawrence

Quote from: stevewalker on June 16, 2019, 11:50:22 AM

Saga?

Sounds more like a soap opera!

Sorry  :-[ off to get my coat

joe cassidy

Holidays for old folks.

RailGooner

Quote from: stevewalker on June 16, 2019, 11:50:22 AM
Quote from: RailGooner on June 16, 2019, 11:25:04 AM

Saga?

:doh: :smackedface:

broadsword

The Direct Line was set up by the RBS years ago, the guy who thought it up, an RBS employee
was on a profit related to how well the project went, he was so embarrassed by the amount he was
making he took  lower percentage...... ???  not sure who owns it now.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations