Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: class37025 on February 15, 2019, 12:09:30 PM
sounds like a good plan  :thumbsup:
don't forget to take your [scottish] medicine first  :D

Sorry, but I prefer the one with the 'e' i.e. [irish] medicine :beers:

The Q

Well, I'll have the Scottish One then, "Highland park Viking Honour"..
That'll be after the visit to the MRC tonight...

guest311

left my bottle up in the shed last night  ;D
got up this morning to find a frost, so must remember to pop up the shed this evening and make sure there is no risk of the bottle cracking if there's another frost tonight  ;)
:beers:

Bealman

I always thought strong alcohol wasn't supposed to freeze at low negative temperatures, but there again I wouldn't risk a bottle of Glenfiddich to find out....  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

guest311

exactly, you can never be tooooooooo careful  :smiley-laughing:

of course, could be a fault in the bottle, at least that's my excuse, and SWMBO hasn't argued about it yet .............
mind you, she may not have heard me  >:D

MinZaPint

Just for Mick as you can see by the contents my favourite Irish tipple!

and on the subject of this thread on our recent holiday we had a lovely room

and a shared kitchen, so we went out and I got some beers, my little treasure said "I'll pop them in the fridge so you'll have a nice cold beer when we get back this evening" now this unit had too vertical doors the smaller one was the FREEZER you'd think a women would know. I had to wait for the big thaw  :veryangry:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Newportnobby

At least the thought was there.
I note the whiskey bottle is virtually empty ;)

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 19, 2019, 11:13:42 AM

I note the whiskey bottle is virtually empty ;)

In this day and age, that is called 'virtual reality'!  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

NinOz

Quote from: Bealman on February 15, 2019, 03:22:51 PM
I always thought strong alcohol wasn't supposed to freeze at low negative temperatures, but there again I wouldn't risk a bottle of Glenfiddich to find out....  :beers:
https://www.thespruceeats.com/will-liquor-freeze-760302
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

guest311

have just spent some considerable time trying to speak to DPD

why ?
why indeed, they do NOT want to talk to anyone with a problem with their "delivery" service.

finally managed to 'chat' to Faye at parcel-2-go who apparently use these idiots.

the problem ...
ordered a hoover for SWMBO from  a firm in Kent, you know the county next to Sussex

predicted delivery thurs / fri checked tracking this morning and apparently the package is in OLDHAM, then a couple of hours later it's in DURHAM :veryangry:

do these  :censored: not have a map  :veryangry:

when it was supposedly in Oldham, delivery was tomorrow, then later when in Durham delivery had slipped to tuesday  :veryangry:

DPD do not seem to want to speak to customers, so got onto parcel-2-go and finally managed to chat to an advisor.

parcel was only collected yesterday ....

no, tracking says it was collected on the 6th....

ahhh
there seems to be a problem, but it will be delivered tomorrow ...

that's funny cause DPD say tuesday

ummm I'll check
there was a delay, but your delivery has been upgraded to a weekend delivery from a next day delivery, and will be delivered tomorrow

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !
what is it with these firms, even when you copy / paste the info on the tracking site they still treat you like a cretin.

will it arrive tomorrow ?

let me check my crystal ball and get back to you  :help:

guest311

update ...
surprise surprise, e-mail from DPD this morning, they've got my parcel in Burgess Hill depot  :claphappy:

but due to a local issue  ??? it will be delivered monday. :hmmm:

back to parcel-2-go, who cannot help, or explain what is going on but say it will be delivered monday.

parcel was a next day delivery, due 8th ie friday.

tracking on DPD shows the route taken

Date & Time   Location   Description
09 Mar 2019 09:28   Burgess Hill   There's a delay with your parcel and it's being held in our DPD Burgess Hill depot
09 Mar 2019 03:42   Burgess Hill   Your parcel has arrived at our Burgess Hill depot
09 Mar 2019 03:42   Burgess Hill   Your parcel has arrived at our Burgess Hill depot
09 Mar 2019 03:03   Burgess Hill   Your parcel has arrived at our Burgess Hill depot
08 Mar 2019 22:43   Hub 4 - Hinckley   We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Burgess Hill depot
08 Mar 2019 11:43   Durham   There's a delay with your parcel and we've now sorted it
08 Mar 2019 07:05   Durham   Your parcel has arrived at our Durham depot
08 Mar 2019 07:05   Durham   There's a delay with your parcel and we've now sorted it
08 Mar 2019 00:43   Hub 3 - Bham   We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Burgess Hill depot
07 Mar 2019 09:28   Dartford   We have your parcel and it's on its way
06 Mar 2019 16:37   DPD Pickup Shop   Your parcel has been dropped off at a DPD Pickup Shop
06 Mar 2019 13:37   Parcel2go.com   We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel

looks like a journey of around 679 miles when Dartford is 51.7 miles away, distances from AA route planner.

next day delivery now slipped to 4 day delivery.

where is that Scottish water  :beers:

TrevL

Morons!
I'm guessing you paid extra for "Next Day", therefore you should be due at least four times that amount by way of compensation.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Newportnobby

Quote from: TrevL on March 09, 2019, 12:24:11 PM
Morons!
I'm guessing you paid extra for "Next Day", therefore you should be due at least four times that amount by way of compensation.

But the parcel has travelled 13.13 times the mileage it needed to so that's the figure to use in a claim, although DPD might charge for the 'scenic route' :laugh:

guest311

Quote from: TrevL on March 09, 2019, 12:24:11 PM
Morons!

actually, no.
the seller paid [free p&p] so he's the one out of pocket, but I have messaged him and explained the situation, so I'd guess it is up to him to claim.

hope DPD don't claim by the mile  :)

guest311

update....
a lovely guy by the name of Jamie delivered my parcel just after 14:00 today, as per the website;  :thumbsup:

what a shame the company DPD couldn't be bothered to honour ..
[1] next day delivery ie Friday
[2] upgraded delivery to saturday
and
[3] don't seen to have a map of the uk / employ sorters who can read / give a d**n about their customers

result ....
I will NEVER order from anyone who uses Parcel-2-go [who fob off their customers] or DPD who do not seem to either deliver what is paid for, or give a t**s for their customers

label on parcel clearly states delivery 08th, ie Friday, but due to their sheer incompetence delivered on the 11th, regardless of supposed upgrade to saturday 09th.

have spoken to the seller and apparently not the only customer with this problem, now changing to Parcel Force.

BY THE WAY, FOUND THE NUMBER FOR DPD CUSTOMER SERVICES .... CALLS AT £6.00 PER MINUTE  :censored:

so to me this says don't f*****g  phone us with your problems, we don't want to know  :veryangry:

what a way to run a so-called business  :help:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations