UK-Aus Mail Services

Started by Stuart Down Under, April 20, 2020, 03:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart Down Under

Sadly mine's still AWOL. However I have now downloaded the PDF. Thank you, NGS!  :NGaugersRule:

Graham

That gives me hope, i normally receive it a few days after you George.

Although i did download the pdf this morning so will hold off reading that for a few days now.

Hopefully the shipments from Revolution and Rails will arrive shortly as well.

Bealman

Stuart & Graham:

If mine's here, yours shouldn't be far away.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Stuart Down Under

I did receive a parcel from FMR yesterday, dispatched on 15th April. Hopefully the one sent by Hattons on the same day will be here soon.
:uneasy:

Spoz

Still waiting for the delivery from Rails; 40 days tomorrow.  In the days when most things came by sea, that is more than 50 years ago, it used to take about 6 weeks.....
A non rivet counter in all the scales and prototypes I "model" ......

red_death

If it is any indication we had a couple of our customers in the UK tell us that they had received things from us that we had sent 3-4 weeks previously yet others are getting stuff in 1-2 days. Certainly in the UK things seem to be very variable.

Platy767

Quote from: Stuart Down Under on May 06, 2020, 04:50:58 AM
I did receive a parcel from FMR yesterday, dispatched on 15th April. Hopefully the one sent by Hattons on the same day will be here soon.
:uneasy:

...and hopefully it has served the compulsory 14 day international arrival quarantine!
:D

themadhippy

Uk  international  post is most definitely messed up, ordered  a load of pcb  from China late sunday/,early monday, not in any hurry so  used  the slow boat shipping option, not expecting to see them for at least 2-3 weeks.They turned up this morning.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Graham

And another update to the list.

Now VERY VERY anxiously waiting on a delivery from Revolution which according to my account was marked as complete around 14th March.
NO LONGER waiting on the latest NGS mag - arrived finally today, only 12 days after your George - hooray.
NO LONGER waiting on a delivery from YouChoos ordered shipped 25th March
Now anxiously waiting on a delivery from Rails shipped on 26th March
NO LONGER waiting on a shipment from DCC Supplies

stay safe
Cheers
Graham
[/quote]

red_death

I think Ben mentioned somewhere that his local PO wasn't accepting some international deliveries at the moment, so orders will have been packed (and marked as despatched when they're taken to the PO) - I could be wrong.  All the HOAs are coming from Ben so best to check with him.

dannyboy

I know it has nowt to do with Australia, but just confirming how strange the mails are these days. I had a parcel to send to America the other day. On checking the An Post website, no parcels were being accepted for posting to America from Ireland, yet packets and letters were. So I found a suitable sized box and just managed to get it accepted as a Packet. I presume parcels would travel on the same airplane as other mail.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Graham

thanks Mike @red_death , I did send a message to your info@revolution email address asking if this could be confirmed but heard nothing back after almost 2 weeks. I understand you have other jobs and this is only part time so haven't chased again as yet.

Merrylee

Sorry guys jumping on this thread, i did e mail info@revolution last week re issue with my HOA order received and no reply, so just wondering if theres an issue with that e mail, possibly down?
But Mike has mentioned above that Ben was dealing with the HOAs so I'll PM him.

Ron

Graham

Hopefully penultimate update to the list.

Still VERY VERY anxiously waiting on a delivery from Revolution which according to my account was marked as complete around 14th March.
NO LONGER waiting on the latest NGS mag - arrived finally today, only 12 days after your George - hooray.
NO LONGER waiting on a delivery from YouChoos ordered shipped 25th March
NO LONGER anxiously waiting on a delivery from Rails shipped on 26th March, Rails sent tracking number, checked on RM, left UK on 28th April, arrived here 22nd May. HOOOORAAAAY
NO LONGER waiting on a shipment from DCC Supplies

stay safe
Cheers
Graham

railsquid

Still waiting for one of three books order from the UK at the end of March on the same day, all dispatched separately.

One bi-weekly magazine I get from the UK is arriving at random intervals and completely out of order (edition from start of April arrived earlier this week).

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations