A nice little 4F

Started by MalcolmInN, April 04, 2015, 10:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalcolmInN

Today I experienced a strange urge - a desire for a  Farish 4F !

and returned from my local emporium with a Seaside Excursion set :) :)
What a delightful little model it is !

Excuse me while I go play run it in awhile,
I'll be back > later :) > > >

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: port perran on April 05, 2015, 09:50:11 AM
Enjoy.
Thank you.

So now I have a loco to gauge the scale of my scratch build engine shed against :)
Nice slow speed running, did have a little tightness per rotation on the slowest of creeps, better now with its running in.
Not sure about the track it came with though, seems to my eyes all sleeper and not enough gaps !

Westbury

I have the Seaside Excursion and it is indeed a very nice 4F that comes in the set... Runs nicely too.

Got a second 4F on the way from the Bachmann / Graham Farish collectors club  :)

http://bachmann-collectorsclub.co.uk/products/n-scale-products/n-scale-midland-class-4f.html

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Westbury on April 05, 2015, 06:09:27 PM
Got a second 4F on the way from the Bachmann / Graham Farish collectors club  :)
A nice looking model that one, my wife could be very tempted, she's a fan of the S&D. Trouble is to join the club just for that one makes it a tad expensive ! :(
But I have to admit that too many LMS/Midland black locos can be a bit monotenous, monoto hmm, sameish !! :)

A Dapol-Hall/Kato set that I had a while back was a lot more sophisticated and came with a wee re-railer plastic device, very handy for my poor eyes, wish I still had it or that Farish could have included such a thing, couldnt cost them more than a few pence to have done so !

Adrian

Is such a gadget as a re-railer available from any supplier?

GeeBee

Quote from: Adrian on April 08, 2015, 10:59:39 PM
Is such a gadget as a re-railer available from any supplier?

You can normally find them on sale at the model railway shows for about a pound or from KATO
Regards
Graham

Adrian

Thanks Graham

When you say at the shows, does that still refer to Kato or do other suppliers exist?

Best

Adrian

Westbury

Peco do a rerailer as well as Kato

Peco SL-337

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77%