Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

All this talk about :food: is making me salivate.  :drool:

I'm having my second favorite for tea tonight, first favorite is Toad in the Hole   :drool: , second is a good old fashioned Steak and Kidney pud!!  :thumbsup:

The only thing that worries me is what is SWMBO after and how much is it going to cost?    :uneasy:
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

MikeDunn

If it's toad-in-the-hole tomorrow - too much  :smiley-laughing: :laughabovepost:

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: newportnobby on October 06, 2013, 04:59:37 PM
Quote from: Jerry Howlett on October 06, 2013, 03:06:23 PM
Guess I will have to settle for small large vino bianco.

Verdicchio or Frascati, Jerry? Or is there an Italian white wine better?
Personally I prefer red wine as, unless imbibed in copious amounts, it's better for you :thumbsup:

Mrs "H" only drinks white so my preference is vino economico....
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Pengi

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Irish Padre

Sold my 3'6 by 2'3 tail chaser a few months ago and decided on an Ian Futers 3 turnout plan - first time I've not used Setrack. Wrestling with code 55 soldering is now done, the mysterious short that I'd created with an Electrofrog point is sorted, and trains are running. Isn't it just so relaxing to watch a little 08 ambling with some vans?

Newportnobby

Glad you have your electrickery sorted :thumbsup:
Can we see a track plan please?

Irish Padre

Hope this works - have put image in media folder. Black for fiddle yard, brown for scenic area.

EtchedPixels

Had to take the Cross Country (I'm sure there is a better similar word for the second part) from Bristol Parkway to Birmingham. Apparently despite the other route being out of action it was beyond the wit of CC to use  a pair of voyagers or even a longer unit than the 4 car sardine tin.

On the bright side however as a result of all the mess and disruption we did get to see banking on the lickey incline.

The ex First Great Western motorail stock has also re-appeared at Cardiff Canton.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Pete Mc

Well,after the disaster that has been the last week I thought I'd try and cheer myself up.

On saturday at the BRM show at Peterboghorror I bought a Loksound decoder tester off of the DC KITS stand.

Today,having watched the video's on Youtube of Legomanbiffo's O gauge Deltic,I thought I'd give mine a try.I bought it at the Model Rail Live show at Newark a few weeks ago but for one reason or another,I haven't had chance to do anything with it.Until tonight or last night to be precise.

I tried it with the ESU speaker that comes attached to the decoder but quickly snipped it off and connected it to a Zimo cube speaker.This sounded quite impressive but I quickly then connected it to one of my hacked up CT sugarcube speakers.It sounded ok but I thought I'd do a bit more to make sound a bit beefier,or experiment anyway.

What I'v done is to almost completely encase the speaker with bluetac to ensure an air tight seal is guarenteed then to stop the speaker from sticking to the bodyshell,I've wraped it in capton tape.This also ensures the bkuetac stays where I want it to as well.

So I then connected it back up to the decoder's speaker wires and lo and behold,its made a bit of a difference.

Now I appreciate that it'll never sound like the O gauge version on the video's but it does have a bit of recognisable bottom end bass,not much but enough to know that at tickover it does represent the Napier sound.Its even better at full chat with unmistakable drone that was prevalent when they were banging up and down the east coast mainline.

So having had the most disasterous week in years,I am a bit happier and for a time,I forgot about the car.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Chetcombe

Good to see you posting in the Happy a Thread Pete :thumbsup:

You didn't mention which version of the Deltic into which you put the Loksound decoder and speaker.

Cheers and here's hoping for a better week for you :)
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Pete Mc

Thanks Mike,I'm optimistic that this next week will be a far cry from last week.For starters I have my Dapol hst coming back from having both chips reblown by Legomanbiffo,secondly,I expect that I'll have a courtesy car by this afternoon,fingers crossed.

For the last couple of hours or so,I have been doing some experimentation with the Loksound decoder tester and my Loksound v4 micro loaded with Legomanbiffo's Deltic sounds.Now up to press,I have tried 3 different speakers.Firstly the ESU one that was attached already,then a Zimo cube speaker and finally a hacked up CT sugarcube speaker as well.

The model of Deltic it is all goung to live in is a Farish non dcc ready Deltic "Green Howards".I did the chassis work a few months ago so it was just a case of buying a decoder with sounds I like,which I did at Model Rail Live at Newark a few weeks ago.

When I did the Deltic chassis work I recessed the chassis to take 2 sugarcube speakers but when I tried the single speaker on its own,I wasn't sure if 2 sugarcubes would make much difference.

How wrong was I?

Very,in fact.It sounds fantastic.With a bit more bluetac on the second speaker to seal it up properly,it is much,much better and louder too.I love it.

I just have to fit the decoder onto the chassis top now and wire it to the loco and play with it until I'm bored or I go deaf!

Brilliant,brilliant,brilliant.

Only problem now is I'm gonna have to do the prototype and KOYLI the same way.

Oh well,never mind.More fiddly work!

Pete

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Chetcombe

Clearly two engines need two sugarcube speakers! Many thanks for the update
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Bealman

You two are talking fluent DCCese which me no comprehendo. However, I agree with Mike... good to see you on the happy thread, Pete.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Pete Mc

Ah,but,it is not the end of the story.

As this is the happy thread,I won't post on here but at least I spoke to ny insurers today but the news is not what I wanted.

I'll post more details later tonight.

Pete

EtchedPixels

Tonights S4C rugby has the commentators looking like they are standing in a waterfall.. this should be a fun game 8-)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations