Farish HYA/IIA bogie hoppers - bodypaint

Started by Adrian, October 31, 2015, 11:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian

These wagons have been released by Bachmann bearing the liveries of Fastline and GBRf.
both liveries involve various lettering and logos overlying a silver paint finish

My Qs is, have any colleagues any experience of altering these particular wagons ie removing printed lettering etc from the silver paint finish.

I would be very keen to hear of anyone's approach in undertaking this task since the cost of these wagons is not insignificant and I would not like to create a disaster by, for example, attempting to remove the "First" logos

Best regards

Adrian

geoffc

I have tried to remove the Freightliner logo from the HHA's to convert them into Colas. In the end I masked the area off and used a small fibreglass brush, but went through to the plastic which is a translucent silvery grey. To be honest if all you want to do is remove the logo and not repaint the area, then my advice would be d'ont.

Geoff

robert shrives

Hi ,
I tend to use isopropolalcohol ( I use a can from Maplins sold as an electrical  contact cleaner)- and a cotton bud to rub off problem can be it depends on order livery applied. As long as what you want to remove is on top you are lucky. I tend to start at outer end of logo and tend to mask close to image to prevent too much damage to other finish on vehicle.

It is possible to remove coach numbers with no damage to bodyside. I used Freightliner hoppers to do National power ones and removed logos no problem.
hope that helps
Robert 

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations