Graham Farish Gresley A3/A4 locomotives SH values

Started by exmouthcraig, January 01, 2019, 05:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exmouthcraig

:helpneededsign:

Evening All, and a happy New year to you,

Going through the current stock and we have decided to clear out some foreign stock we no longer want/need/justify on our SR layout.

I have
GF A3 60066 Merry Hampton in BR Green, late crest
GF A4 60017 Silver Fox in BR Green, early crest
GF A4 60027 Merlin in BR Green, late crest
GF A4 60009 Union of South Africa in BR green, late crest

I'm going to stick them on eBay this week but after ideas of values, all original DC, boxed condition, bought new but never been ran on a layout, 30mins test on an oval then straight back in the boxes.

Merry Hampton and Silver Fox obviously quite common so probably £50/£60 if im lucky but what about the other 2 and would anyone on the forum like them put on the N'porium to be purchased that way??

Mods this is just to try to gauge interest and IF they were to be sold through the forum direct via N'porium a suitable donation will go to the forum funds.

Les1952

Hello.

Probably about what you have said, though with everything on eBay it depends if someone really wants that particular loco.  Start them at £49.99 and you should get bidders, but sell them one at a time.

I only have one Farish Gresley pacific left and I paid the princely sum of £8 for it direct from Bachmann.  Graham Hubbard himself took the cash and said it must be a non-runner at that price.  It had a wooden block screwed to the bottom which, when removed, revealed an A4 in perfect working order.  It has since had its tender top rebuilt to non-corridoor and makes an occasional appearance on the club layout "Rise park".  It will be in the box with us at Doncaster in February.

All the very best
Les
(with an ebay feedback of about 9000)

exmouthcraig

Thanks very much for your info Les,

2 Silver Fox were for sale yesterday, one sold for £64.95 and the other with 2 days left had bids of £57.

I need to sell them to fund as many new N class moguls as will allow so hoping Merlin and Union of SA are still wanted by a few and actually draw higher prices BUT as ever what they go for is dictated by the bidders.

I'll update next week if and when they sell.

:thankyousign: Craig

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations