Here I go (again) - moving home.

Started by NTrain, December 14, 2016, 09:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NTrain

We get to view the flat we have been offered by the local council, tomorrow.

Just found my 5M tape measure so I can measure floors, windows etc.

On the assumption we accept it, they then send in an inspection team, to check that there are no problems that need to be fixed. It is only then, that we can get a date.

Our old landlord is starting to get nasty, just because we refused to leave when he told us to.............

Newportnobby

Quote from: NTrain on July 10, 2017, 11:38:12 AM

Our old landlord is starting to get nasty, just because we refused to leave when he told us to.............

Oh dear. This is starting to sound like the old Genesis song "Get 'em out by Friday"
I hope the viewing goes OK and that, providing you like the place, you're in quickly.

Tonye

I thought Here I go Again was by Whitesnake?.Best of luck with the move. 
Tony .H

red_death

Hope it all goes well Bob.

I'd suggest politely telling your existing landlord to shove it and that you are doing things as quickly as possible due to the situation he has left you in. I'd also keep a record of any nastiness just to cover yourself.

Cheers, Mike

NTrain

The general nastiness, I am keeping note of.

I am expecting a fight to get our deposit back. Good jobwe do not need a hefty deposit for a Council place.

We look around the flat at 4 this afternoon, with tape measure and pad in hand.

I don't think we have much choice bit to take the flat and it will be a case of what have we got to go without, to make it work. My biggest worry is, am I going to have enough space to allow me to continue N-Train. I don't hold large stock levels, but I have to hold some, and I am constantly designing new stuff.

NTrain

We have been and had a look at the flat. Will need to buy white goods and decorate.

There is a cupboard for my modelling stock.

Will have to wait until we are settled in before thinking about a small layout though.

Newportnobby

Sounds like you're going for it, Bob. Keep us posted please.

daveg

Good luck. Hope it all works out OK.

Dave G

NTrain

Just had a call from the Housing Association, we sign papers on Friday and have the tenancy from next Monday.

The best part is that we get the keys on Friday...................

Mito

Great. :thumbsup:   Let's hope now that you can carry on living a decent life without the stress you've suffered.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

daveg

Good news at last!

Hope it all goes well for you.

dave G

Mike Hamilton

Thats really good news.  I do hope you'll be happier in your new home.
"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes" - Oscar Wilde

joe cassidy

I'm happy for you Bob.

Don't waste too much time decorating  :)

Best regards,

Joe

REGP

Quote from: NTrain on July 17, 2017, 12:06:55 PM
Just had a call from the Housing Association, we sign papers on Friday and have the tenancy from next Monday.

The best part is that we get the keys on Friday...................
Phew, I bet thats a relief, you an start to live again now. Good luck with the move.

Ray

Newportnobby

Hope all goes well and that you soon settle in your new home :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations