Talking to an old timer at the Show

Started by Geoff, September 08, 2013, 08:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

I went for a Coffee at the show at 1-30pm and I was looking for a seat when this elderly gentleman told me I could sit down next to him, and his words were that he had been going to the show since it had first started and he said its growth was getting bigger every year, but he was happy that he could get what he wanted from the show, more so than off the internet, he had tried to make some purchases online where the online shop said they had it in stock but in fact they did not. He was very friendly and was so open about his hobby, he told me he had a few layouts one 00 and 2 N gauge layouts, it just goes to show people do have time for you, and what a fantastic hobby to keep your mind going when you get into old age.
Geoff

Mr Sprue

Yes its nice to meet friendly senior citizens and more so at these shows as we all share the same interest. One thing I have witnessed and really loath is when these people don't get a look in at stalls because of all the pushing and shoving, so I guess in a way buying on line is a good thing for them if not at least safer!

Geoff

I honestly think that Dapol and Graham Farish should put a queue system in place to keep the pushers where they belong.
Geoff

MikeDunn

gelboy45

Looking around yesterday at TINGS I thought everyone looked like old-timers!

Including me!

Gerry ;0)))

Geoff

Quote from: gelboy45 on September 08, 2013, 11:17:03 AM
Looking around yesterday at TINGS I thought everyone looked like old-timers!

Including me!

Gerry ;0)))

Well this guy was in his eighties, and I am 61 do not regard myself old just yet well my lads do lol.
Geoff

mereman

As a 60 year old and closing on 61 I consider old to be 15-20 years older then me :D
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

painbrook

and what a fantastic hobby to keep your mind going when you get into old age.
Geoff, I don't think it's working for me :confused1:. Cheers john.

daveg

Nice to hear there was some good conversation.

I'm 66 next month and don't feel old. Doing the math that makes me 4 years off 70 which does make me sound a bit of an old far bloke but I'm still buying N gauge kit and planning my next, much larger, layout!

Dave G

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £40.67
Below Goal: £59.33
Site Currency: GBP
41% 
May Donations